Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Probably a slightly ridiculous thing to post about, considering I see alot of well thought out mods and DIY posts in here, but I was really pleased and thought I would share. The ED7 I bought in SC and just redid the body/paint on had the stock Honda mudflaps on it when I got it. I took them off and never put them back on after paint, but I hate the amount of crap that flings all over the rockers when it's nasty out. The ones off the car were all faded and had nicks and had these slight cracks from the sun and weather. I wanted to paint them so they didn't look like shit contrasting against the nice paint I just got done with, but I knew paint would crack because they are flexible. I needed something that was flexible and stuck really well, these things take alot of abuse. Ended up throwing them in the dishwasher to get them real clean, then I wiped them down with a solvent and sprayed them with Rustoleum rubberized undercoating. Tried a couple different kinds of undercoating on a piece of cardboard but they were all too textured, the Rustoleum has a very minimal texture to it. Stuck like a champ, I sprayed them then flexed the hell out of one by hand and don't see any problems. I think they look great, beats spending the money on another set. Debating finding some red paint to coat the Honda portion of them, but worried it might look cheesy. Probably will take them off in the summer though. :yes:

Product:
https://www.google.com/shopping/product/7844717375366933280?q=rustoleum+undercoating&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.81828268,d.aWw&biw=1207&bih=573&tch=1&ech=1&psi=5_2MVLOEI8GzyATTnYLADA.1418526186300.3&prds=paur:ClkAsKraX29CiEAXnzACes1qOxAr8kOBBr3MESpEs9M1qrJxKnJtPY42K6mIbBaVI74lRMbxtf--uEbKoO2xpEKVUs_kXCeMTg3c1RGzq68_d4IfyePrYbNfuxIZAFPVH71Q6ARxdYp57hwHoUwxvF1Il-mTNQ&ei=G_6MVKaCPcKQyASXvIKYDA&ved=0CJgBEKYrMAM

Result
http://imgur.com/H5mVibZ

Edit: Unsure why the pictures don't show up on my posts.. Is it a post count thing?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,102 Posts
go to advanced, hover around the icons till you find one to upload attachments. do it that way.
or, right click image, go to the icon to insert image, paste.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts