1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok first the back drop, the O.G. moose info:

D16Y8 '00 4-2-1 two-piece header:

This is the factory original header off a 2000 Civic 1.6. It uses an unsequential pairing of the primaries like many of the aftermarket headers seen above and the merges look to be longer and smoother than most factory D-series headers. The primaries are longer and have a larger diameter than the cast 4-2 portion on a D16Z6 header, which should add midrange output. The secondaries are also larger diameter than on the D16Z6. This header would appear to offer a good OE low cost upgrade over earlier stock D-series headers and with a little modification could potentially perform just as well as many of the more expensive aftermarket 4-2-1 two-piece headers listed above. Food for thought!

D16Y8 ('00+) - 4-2-1; two-piece mild steel - primaries - 1.4'' I.D. secondaries - 1.8'' I.D. -collector inner pipe 1.5'' I.D.(which i'll remove) outer 2'' O.D. - measurements taken from a '00 Civic 1.6 D16Y8 manifold

now here's the header i got D16y8 free.

the collector piping

heres the header collector hacked. and the inner pipe removed.

my new OEM 2" collector

now the inner pipe is welded to the two pipes and the outer 2" pipe is connected to the Y shroud. so what i did is take a ball peen hammer and opened the to connect to the outer pipe. sorry no pic of the welding but here's what i did.

then i Tig the pipes together. it's my 1st semister so it's not the pretties but it's function.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
now it's together.

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
Good work, I like that. :clap: So you expect that to perform just as well as lets say an ebay header? Haha I like your diy's, Pretty good shit.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
i remeber this mod from moosregy or w/e its spelled in the sohchonda.com days. . .
good ish I sold one of those a WHILE back hell it might even be mine lol

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Good job Remo, I never find the oem header you was looking for, but it was cast.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good work, I like that. :clap: So you expect that to perform just as well as lets say an ebay header? Haha I like your diy's, Pretty good shit.
look at it this was it will perform like an aftermarket header and when theives look under the hood they'll go shit it's stock.
so how muck monkey power is this going to create? ha
who knows but it'll do the job.
i remeber this mod from moosregy or w/e its spelled in the sohchonda.com days. . .
good ish I sold one of those a WHILE back hell it might even be mine lol
lol
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee180/T-MacK_album/254-1.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
now thats funny
[QUOTE="Hugo Boost, post: 1910852, member: 3189"]Good job Remo, I never find the oem header you was looking for, but it was cast.[/QUOTE]thanks for looking.

[QUOTE="cticknor666, post: 1910901, member: 1270"]Very cool, i like this lil mod alot! REP![/QUOTE]
it's theives proof. lol.
[QUOTE="Wes, post: 1910930, member: 39393"]Nice header. :bigok:[/QUOTE]

thanks.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would love to have one of these on the 94.
we can still work some deal..
Wow, very nice. I need to find one of these now. Drill two holes and the sucker will also work on a D17, but I want it for my D15.
i'm considering picking up several of these mod them up and sell them..

·
Registered
495 Posts
Nice job!!! Thats why Type Rs rock because they are hand built to do things robots only have wet dreams about.

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
I have had this header on my z6 since I put it in my car. I did not modify mine, and I have no basis for comparison having never ran the motor with the original exhaust manifold, but it sure does look like a better design.

If you want to use the stock y8 heat shield it needs a hole drilled for the dipstick, and it works good.

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
dosen't look too shabby either

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Excellent job remo!
Is there a step now at the merge from the secondary to collector?
yes.
you looking to sell that header? LOL. huh huh!
if i did levi asked already.

Well, if you pick one up, sell it to me unmodded please. Nothing against you Remo, I'm just anal like that and like to do things myself.
same here.
I have had this header on my z6 since I put it in my car. I did not modify mine, and I have no basis for comparison having never ran the motor with the original exhaust manifold, but it sure does look like a better design.

If you want to use the stock y8 heat shield it needs a hole drilled for the dipstick, and it works good.
i know i'm still looking for one and that sure is pretty.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts