Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all like a better flowing intake, whether it be stock or aftermarket. What if you are like me and prefer the sleeper look?? Well this should help anybody even the mechanically challenged. I like the idea of a quiet intake system so I use the stock one. The OEM intake box and tube are great for quietness, gas milage and no heatsoak. Once you look closer at the system youll see why its so quiet and no so perfomance oriented. Maybe this will help some of you sleepers out there.

You start by removing the top section of your intake filter box. Flip it over, if you have a 88-91 civic/crx then yours should look like this.

See all the ridges and edges to catch air and create turbulance??? You then need a pair of pliers to remove the major pieces inside, using the pliers to grab the lip, hold tighty and twist the pliers..

Do it slowly and take your time....when done you should have something like this.

Now using a drill with a grinding stone on it.....

Keep it flat and moving, plastic will melt really fast when doing this, keep it moving to remove the parts not gotten with the pliers. I also use a knife in the edges and corners where the stone wont get in too..

Once thats all done youll want to hand sand it. Start big like higher grit then go to a smaller like 1000 grit. Note this isnt for looks so if you want it to be pretty then dont do it, or you can sand forever. The more the better really.

You should have a top similar to this when done. Alot less restricting now huh?

make big differences on these engines. Hope this helps someone.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i also took the time to remove the intake resonator from the fender well and cut the bottom off the lower section of the airbox. Like this.....

The two top brackets hold the box in fine, dont worry if you cut off the bottom bracket......There youre done, enjoy you better flowing intake.

For a bonus kick throw in a K&N high flow filter. This setup flows a little better, better throttle response and you can do yourself.

For DPFI owners only.

If you have the Dual point still you can make improvments in the system by porting the throttle box(round thing).

First pull the top off. Then remove the brass noise bracket, its one screw. Then using the same method for the above do the box. When done youll have something like this.....

Thanx for reading......cheap little things can make big differences on these engines. Hope this helps someone.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
14 Posts
still will be injector/TB limited.

92-95 whp max.
Yeah somehow I don't see smoothing out the airboxes to unleash the mad horsepowers restrained within the mighty D15B1.

Good write up though. Mine already had the bottom of the airbox cut out when I got it, should go see if the PO did anything to the top of it. Might just have to do it anyways if I'm bored enough. My dremel doesn't get enough excersize these days.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah somehow I don't see smoothing out the airboxes to unleash the mad horsepowers restrained within the mighty D15B1.

Good write up though. Mine already had the bottom of the airbox cut out when I got it, should go see if the PO did anything to the top of it. Might just have to do it anyways if I'm bored enough. My dremel doesn't get enough excersize these days.

thanks man,
and yeah i know it doesnt unleash the mad HPs out from that lol

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
95 integra
504 Posts
doug makeing a diy wow just wow i have seen it all. Good job doug im sure its a good add on to the mighty dpfi

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
doug makeing a diy wow just wow i have seen it all. Good job doug im sure its a good add on to the mighty dpfi
lol thanks man i got bored and totally forgot about my DIY airflows, so i decide to post it up

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:bigrofl:

shit i was so bored last week due to work being slow that i went to the junk yard and made eight obd0 to obd1 jumpers. hahaha.

i feel your pain. :TU:

no way are you kidding me?! can you do the dpfi-mpfi harness? cause i need to do the mpfi swap nigga lol

·
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!
my hatchy
3,178 Posts
no way are you kidding me?! can you do the dpfi-mpfi harness? cause i need to do the mpfi swap nigga lol
those things are a piece of cake dougie. all i have to do is find someone to test my jumpers. lol.

i will go to the junkyard tomorrow to pick up some more shit so i will pull a dpfi harness and convert one for you so you can stop running that dual point shit. LOL

1 - 20 of 34 Posts