Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DIY: JDM EG6 Wing Install

I was working on this so I figured I'd post it up in case anyone else wanted the info.

NOTE: This install is for the 2-piece JDM EG6 wing. I'm going to assume that it's going to be the same for the 1-piece JDM wing as far as mounting points, electrical, sprayer, etc. For me all of the electrical was plug and play and I didn't have to cut or splice anything.

Tools: Philips screwdriver, flathead screwdriver, 10mm socket

1) Here is a pic of the USDM wing on my 92 Civic Si hatch.

2) Open the hatch window and there will be two small 10mm nuts on each of the hatch hinges that need to be removed.

3) Once all of the nuts holding the wing to the hatch have been removed, close the hatch window and tilt the wing up to expose the LED wiring and window washer sprayer. Carefully undo the wiring from the wing.

4) Unscrew the window washer sprayer from the wing.

5) Remove the wing from the car completely.

6) Here is a side by side comparison of the USDM and JDM wings. Notice that the LED on the JDM wing is longer, the JDM wing is also slightly longer than the USDM one, and the JDM wing is thinner in thickness than its USDM counterpart.

7) Test fit the wing first, to make sure everything lines up correctly and that nothing is wrong.

8 ) Start putting everything back together in the reverse order you removed the USDM wing. It should be fairly straightforward at this point. NOTE: It's probably a good idea to test your brake lights prior to tightening everything back up.

9) Enjoy your finished install!

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
925 Posts
Looks awesome man just wish I had a car that clean to put something like that on...lol

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts
done it also, very straightforward remove n install, not to mention, the LED lites up brighter than the stock wing, seems to light up quicker than the regular, and has a slight upward "kick" compared to the usdm wing which just follows the downward curve. most people rock a carbon fiber spoon knockoff but this should be THE wing to complement any eg/eh hatch

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
done it also, very straightforward remove n install, not to mention, the LED lites up brighter than the stock wing, seems to light up quicker than the regular, and has a slight upward "kick" compared to the usdm wing which just follows the downward curve. most people rock a carbon fiber spoon knockoff but this should be THE wing to complement any eg/eh hatch
I'd have to agree! JDM OEM FTW!

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si
753 Posts
I think I am going to get a black hatch to go with my white one. Good work sir. Car looks sweet :)

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
very nice hatch!

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts

not really a good angle/pic but its the only shot i have with the brakes on
also whats the difference between a one piece and two piece wing:???:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts