theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. purchase 120 grit sand paper
2. good battery/electric drill
3. remove injector filter
follow procedure

tighten drill onto injector

now wrap injector in sand paper (i used 120 grit).

presto!

you can get your injectors ready for paint or just shiney again in thirty minutes or less by folowing this easy procedure.
enjoy!

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
Just because of the magnitude of people on this site, you must include a disclaimer.

If you over tighten the drill onto your injectors, no one, except you, is responsible, for you being a Moe Ron. If you hurt yourself or others due to the lack of knowledge on how to operate a variable speed trigger, and do not understand that you don't have to be wide the f open all the time, then well... you had it coming. Good day.

You asked.

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
why would u want to remove that rust? and who paint injectors??
i pay close attention to minute details of my builds. you never know whos looking.

^ maybe he just likes the shiny.
i crave shiney and refurbished. i mean whats the point of putting old busted ass parts on a busted ass car.

120 grit? Should be more like 1500
if i used 1500 grain it would take a week instead of half an hour. they are just injectors btw.

Just because of the magnitude of people on this site, you must include a disclaimer.

If you over tighten the drill onto your injectors, no one, except you, is responsible, for you being a Moe Ron. If you hurt yourself or others due to the lack of knowledge on how to operate a variable speed trigger, and do not understand that you don't have to be wide the f open all the time, then well... you had it coming. Good day.

You asked.
thanks for the advice. rep for you.

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you want injectors that aren't "busted ass parts" get them cleaned, rebuild and flowtested correctly.

Doing what you did is ghetto, and not even in a good way.
i agree acid beaver, after i remove the rust from my injectors i test them but id fear what you would say if i told you about my ghetto testing apparatus. these particular injectors were pulled from a running f23 because i needed good 240s. if your intrested in the testing apparatus ill pm it to you but its not for duplication without experience.

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Me. I painted mine. I think I painted almost everything :biggrin:

my god man! its beautiful! whats it in? please tell me its in going in that new hatch!

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
my god man! its beautiful! whats it in? please tell me its in going in that new hatch!
what's in it? Air? lol.
It doesn't have nothing in transmission, block or head. It's a display engine for my garage :biggrin:

but for the exterior of the fuel injectors, I just used steel wool.

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what's in it? Air? lol.
It doesn't have nothing in transmission, block or head. It's a display engine for my garage :biggrin:

but for the exterior of the fuel injectors, I just used steel wool.
aw steel wool!
ill ship you some injectors to try my method on its harmless.

this display model was functional until i busted it tuning.

·
Premium Member
94-4Door 96-Si
81 Posts
GOLD

What brand and color is that Gold? Since yours is a display, would you use the same paint for an engine that would be running?

Thanks

Ralph

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
The only thing nicer than de-rusted stockers: any other injector designed in the last decade. Pintle-style injectors make less power and get worse gas milage than any of the newer style of Bosch, Delphi, Siemens, Denso, an KeiHin (who make most of Honda's older stock injectors). These are the type that use atomization plates.

If you aren't using the stock Honda ems (can calibrate injector deadtime), you're far better off without the stock 240cc type. I've seen over a 10% MPG boost just with basic 4-hole injectors BEFORE tuning.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts