Honda D Series Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts
Discussion starter · #42 ·
probably more than you think. going from a short ram to full cold air gained me .3 secs with more gas in the car too.

i just use this:BMC CARBON DYNAMIC ARIBOX | AIR FILTERS | AIR FILTER | car - bike - high performance - racing
and use my aem SRI arm from that filter/box to the TB and a cheap sri arm from the other side of the filter/box down in the the fenderwell(as a cai or icebox would)....looks great, works great and sounds great....thought i am thinking of cutting a 2.5 or 3" hole in the bumper(right above foglight{ej1}) with a speaker port running to the tube, like a ram air effect...

Discussion starter · #44 ·
that seems like a whole lotta work/money for that idk

Discussion starter · #47 ·
im actually probably gonna take it back off and put my cold air intake back on it. kinda missin that low end torque

i did the same exact cutting of the bottom of my air box on my 86 civic si, my friends and there friend said i had a loudest sounding intake thhat they have even heard. i also noticed more torque and top end power especially when passing on the freeway. great how to thread looking forward to other great ones like that one

That looks horrible lol... Im sure theres a cleaner way to do it.

How does an "ice box" work that people get excited over it?

That looks horrible lol... Im sure theres a cleaner way to do it.

How does an "ice box" work that people get excited over it?

one thats not nice you troll

two its called google or the archives

colder intake charger = denser intake charge= more oxygen molecules gettin pumped into your engine

Discussion starter · #54 ·
i saw no increase or decrease when i originaly put the stokc on after the cold air or when i put the cold air. I actually hope to do some testing with it soon

Now is it worth it? Depends, it cost me a total of 45 bucks for the K&N and silicone, i know you can get a cheap ebay intake for less than that but whatever. It was fun for me to do and it still uses all OEM parts
Totally worth it, dude. Good job. There's a sense of pride you get no matter
how DIY it is. Stuff like that is just fun.

Discussion starter · #56 ·
ya pretty much. i took it off though due to the lack of torque compared to the cold air but my buddy and i are going to the track tomorrow, im gonna let him try it on his 98 coupe and see what it does

ya pretty much. i took it off though due to the lack of torque compared to the cold air but my buddy and i are going to the track tomorrow, im gonna let him try it on his 98 coupe and see what it does
Definitely post the outcome. I'm interested.
He's using a cold air usually as well?

Discussion starter · #58 ·
no he is bone stock except for a megan header

41 - 60 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.