Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 EK HATCH
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Though I would post here seems like a lot of people want to
Cheap out lol but my dad told me one day as well as his best friend who owns a tire/ mechanic shop told me just to do it the old school way since I had
A week till my next pay
Check and My alimgment was fucked up and i had no Cash so here's a quick break down.

Tools:
Tape measure 10" at least
At least a 2" level

Tools to lower car and add camber kit

1. Before you take apart the suspension if alimgment was good measure under the car rim to rim top bottom front and back (inner rim lip passenger to driver) Get a accurate distant of Them

Lower car add camber kit
Ect

3. Get a leveler place car on outer lip see how much camber you have then
Lift car back up adjust ( in or out depending it you want +, 0, puts peer car back on to ground. check level do it till you get it
Where you want it ( it takes time to
Do this because your not on a alignment lift to move the tires freely.)

Adjust toe to
What it was with measuring
Tape before you lowered it next day or so check measurements in case the suspension settled and moved a Lil bit.

Done you won't
Get it perfect like a machine I was .03 off on my toe when I took it in one month later and my camber was perfect 0 then I cambered back to -.3 and -.2 in the front.

Hope this helps with not killing tires till you get the funds to go get it aligned by a shop.

worked for me Dnt kill tires any more drone about a month like this before I did this man I car was pulling like crazy and you can
Really smell the rubber burnin from a jacked up toe angle.

Rep if you like I'm more than happy to
Share my knowledge :)

·
Registered
97 EK HATCH
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No one is stating its perfect but it does help if you need to ride for a week or so till money comes back in for a laser alignment you don't have to believe but their was a time cars were here and lasers alignment weren't even built yet. And my guess is people Dnt drive around with their cars all jacked up. Pulling all over the road again will I state THIS IS THE HELP OUT WITH NOT KILLING YOUR TIRES TILL YOU ARE ABLE TO GET TO THE SHOP AND IT BEATS THE HELL OUT OF A EYE BALL ALIGNMENT (TOE/ CAMBER) THAT MOST PEOPLE DO!

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
With my eyeball alignment I can let go of the steering wheel on the freeway and make a sandwich.

I cant even understand anything you typed.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
this is good for a quick "rough" alignment, just to get you around for a couple days. The string and bucket method proves to be better than some laser machines on the market. However it is a pain in the ass.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
His method doesn't take in the account that the front and rear track might be different.

With most Honda's you'll therefore be toe'd out and wearing the inside edges of the tires.

Setting static camber is easy if you can do some math and have a framing square.

·
Registered
In circles.LOL
862 Posts
it is written poorly,i got lost on the directions even though i have aligned many of my cars this way.LOL.
I was taught this method by my father when i was like 15 yr old.You didn't mention any thing in here about what to set your toe at.I set my at 1/4 out.Using a tape.

My wife seems to love to nail pot holes with her mini van.I have to do the tape measure method at least 3 times a yr on her puddle jumping caravan.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts