Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
A vw/honda hybrid...
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I feel like actually contributing to this world so here it is my first ever write up. I'm poor and I never really like paying for something I can reproduce with similar or better results. This has been done by many for many years and is quite effective.

Vechickular
91 std hatch
d15b7 bottom end
b1 head
cam
header
intake
2.5" exhaust

BEFORE

Rear mount
1. Remove mount...

2.Remove old rubber

3.Trim hockey puck and insert into old mount

4. Drill for metal insert and press it into puck

Now passenger side tranny mount

1. Remove mount

2. Burn

3. Insert puck and drill for metal insert
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

I used a 5/8" drill bit for the insert its perfect. Next time I'm going to use a 3/4" bit for a more tighter for the insert. If you're worried about the pucks coming out I use 5/8th washers to sandwich the pucks into the mounts between the frame rails.

Sorry no after videos at the moment.
Disclamer: I am in no way responsible for anything that you do to your car or anything that happens to you and/or your car

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Im curious how will hockey pucks hold up.... I wonder if they will squish out and get sloppy eventually?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Windo Weld would be nowhere near as stiff, lol. If I were building a drag car on the cheap, I'd definitely run hockey puck mounts. But since all my cars are street driven 99% of the time, ES inserts or Windo Weld works just fine for me.

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts

·
Registered
A vw/honda hybrid...
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cool stuff!

and everything ended up to be how much?
I think $15 for 12 pucks

not a bad idea. i would be afraid of the pucks wallowing out, but other than that great idea.
I have washers between the framerails, but that doesn't do a great job in stopping them from moving around so in the furture I'll add something to keep them still

i am from South Texas....what is a hockey puck?
I'm in south georgia, no place around here could order them...my father ordered them for me as a present...

But since all my cars are street driven 99% of the time, ES inserts or Windo Weld works just fine for me.
The whole window weld/inserts I did for 4 years and with three filled mounts I still had horrible movement which you can see in the vid, and 12 pucks where cheaper then re-doing the es insert/window.

And how's the vibrations after the puck install?
Idk I've driven this car for awhile and its always been a "rough" riding car.

·
Registered
A vw/honda hybrid...
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update on the mounts. After a year of abuse I decided the passenger tranny mount wasn't a safe idea as the pucks were moving around. But the rear mount showed no sign of movement.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts