Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Civic Ex d16y8
488 Posts
Post this in your showcase bud. A DIY is a detailed step by step description of how you did it. Like what tools required, what glue, how ya did the stencil, that sort of thing. But good idea. I didn't even think about doin the headliner. I'm about to redo my headliner, visors, armrest and door panels. Im gonna do mine in bride I believe.. How much was the fabric? As a matter of fact...just edit your post and try to explain a step by step of how ya did it. The more pics, the better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill try get pics up soon they are on my bros camera and all I used was two Philips screwdrivers (1 small, 1 large) a medium and large flat tip screwdriver, my choice of fabric and a can of 3m headliner adhesive. I barely managed to get it on with one can so I suggest getting two cans just in case.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I started from the head visors and moved my way to the back. So first remove the rear view mirror trim, you do this by just snapping it off by pulling it down, this would reveal 3 phillips screws and the rear view mirror will come off. Next the visors will need to come off, for this you use your flat tip screwdrivers and remove the two bolts/screws holding the visors, once this is done with a bit of turning the visor should slip right out. As for the little tab that the visor clips on to, use a flat head screwdriver to push through the back opening and push in, while at the same time turning the tab 90 degrees and should come out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now to the dome light, remove the clear cover and remove the small philips screw in it and unplug the wire harness

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Next remove 2 rear plastic disk clips by pulling them down and also pull down on the hanger hook thats back there as well. After that pull the front side pillars off, pull it loose a little then move it forwards to free the rear corner then just pull it out. Now after all that is done slide the headliner forward towards the windshield until it is able to be pulled out of the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now use some good adhesive and spray it on, i used generous amounts and be sure to let the glue tack up a bit before applying your fabric. I applied mine in horizontal sections and worked out bubbles. Take your time if you dont want any wrinkles, also apply some adhesive around the edge of the back of the headliner to hold down the rest of the fabric after you trimmed it to size. next just cut the holes for dome light and anything else that will be reused like your visors. After that you pretty much just reverse the order you used to take it off. Be Patient it takes a bit of work pulling the headliner back through but helps if you have a buddy or two.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts