Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since my yellow CRX is going to be more of a weekend/autox car, I decided to forgo a radio and put my gauges there. Bought a piece of plexiglass and started cutting!

We started by trying to sand it into the final shape, but it was taking entirely too long...

Not quite fitting, just a bit more on the angle grinder...

Cut out, one hole. Not perfectly centered, but good enough for my first try!

Here's the almost finished product. Just gotta do the wiring for the electrical gauge.

Thinking about replacing the clock with my O-Meter as well...

·
Registered
1997 Honda Civic
115 Posts
Looks good, like oem, transparent would have been different, like the gauges were floating. anyways :TU:

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^I thought about that, and maybe illuminating behind it, but I'm lazy, aaand the plexi got kinda scuffed in the making, and the plastidip almost looks like the same texture as the stock dash. I honestly probably should have used a thicker piece of plexi, but we'll see how this goes. Now I have the tools to make them, it won't take much to make another.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,716 Posts
I like, never thought of using plexi-glas I always used sheet metal. I did the same thing only I got rid of the heater control and moved the radio up there. Just made a plate and used the factory screw holes. +rep for a good DIY
Edit: you can't give xotic_CRX anymore rep at this time

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
Looks good, like oem, transparent would have been different, like the gauges were floating. anyways :TU:
a dark smoke tint and some light led illumination would be sick.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,716 Posts
ZCHONDACRX, I'd return it but I too must spread some. That loos good, but I'm afraid to touch my climate control lol, it'll probably crumble.
Yeah, mine was about to fall apart so I just got rid of it. Now I have one switch to just switch on the heater, damn climate controls are so hard to find and so damn expensive.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Sweet I did the samething but used CF I cut off of a wreak hood. Did you take that skin off your knuckle taking the radio out? I have no skin on any of knuckles after about 10min of working on my car.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha no, that was actually my buddy sanding in that pic. He fails at taking pics and I wanted an "action shot". The radio was out already, but I had to remove the metal piece that holds the radio in though.

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
Now you gotta pull the dash and pull the plenum box. And build a dog house under there.

Pod looks good, now do the damn brakes already.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts