Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know what you can do..for now.kinda thing..
Go and get some alluminum foil..

get the bottom piece or top if its not on the car..
get a piece of paper and trace out the outside and somehow just dump some dust or something down the tubes to mark the holes in side the header..
Take that paper cut it out to make it look like the gasket only paper form.
Now get a piece of card board or anything that will maintain a shape that with stands heat.....
Once you found what you want to use as a skeleton get the alluminum foil and start wraping it up..like 5-6 layer will work just dont crinkie it as much as possible..
Then all you have to do is install it...it should look like a very shiny THICK metal gasket
and since foil dosent get as hot as say oh regular steel it should last a while...
Its what Im using on my exhaust .and it works great..just make sure you wrap the whole thing....

Ill post pics later...

Edit: if you have the stock gasket and its ripped or broken..go buy some muffler mender paste and some tin foil and use the paste as glue and the foil as a bandage...the one I use on my test pipe works perfectly with no leaks either...

Edit 2: Not recomended for BOOSTED applications NA only...
Also the easyest way to wrap up the paper is take 1in strips and wrap it up like you would a bundle of wires..as for the bolt holes just cut em out when your done.

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
Good work Rotory, now we have a ghetto solution to Fel-Pro. bahahaha i make all my own gaskets except for the exhaust manifold ones. This covers it all, i never have to struggle again with finding gaskets, props for you Rotory. YOU KICK ASS!!!!

BTW: Im trying this tonight.

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rep 4 me...

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
is there any kind of material that would work for exhaust kommon sense? i have cork, paper, and the rubber paper mix. I was worried all three would burn out.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ghetto... cheap.... what more could i ask for.

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kommon_sense said:
That seems like a lot of work when you can just get a roll of gasket making material and an x-acto knife.
Yeah but not all stores are open 24/7 walmart is and has both..

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bump updated

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For some reason ..hondaboys fouled out..mine on the other hand..is still there..
and works fine..:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts