Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
HONDA
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys not sure if any one has done this but i couldn't find any thing so i thought i might help some guys out...

ok so you you looking at doing a engin bay tuck. and you want to move the fuel line from the left to the right. (you can go out and by an after market fuel rail - but here in SA the cheapest is R1500 plus, im not paying that)

first remove the inlet from the rail(just unscrew it). you can use a screw driver or some thing else strong that will fit. i used a puntch as you can see below

next is to remove the stopper on the other end.

I took a long rod about 10cm long then the fuel rail, and just gave it a tap with a 5pound hammer lol. it popped right out...

now sadly i dont have pic's of the next steps.

once the stopper is out drill the hole out to a 10.5mm diameter and and 5 -10mm deeper.

then tap it with a M12x1.25 tap. re-fit the inlet tighten it down. then just block off the other end with a bolt of the correct depth and thread.

then you done.

i have just finnished mine i still need to clean it and test that is does not leak.

·
Registered
HONDA
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does it affect anything now that the pressure regulator/return line will be on the same side as the feed? Or do you do something to switch that also?
well i was studying an AEM one the other day and there is nothing on there. but if you think about it the FPR will only allow a certain amount of pressure in the rail. so it should matter where the FPR is.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
well i was studying an AEM one the other day and there is nothing on there. but if you think about it the FPR will only allow a certain amount of pressure in the rail. so it should matter where the FPR is.
Ok man good write up Rep given!:bigok:

·
Registered
HONDA
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks man ;)

but this has just got me thinking.... what is the flow rate of the stock rail. as in what power can the stock rail support upto? coz at some point that will be the weak link. where putting bigger injectors or fuel pump wont help. at so point you will need a high flow rail.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Does it affect anything now that the pressure regulator/return line will be on the same side as the feed? Or do you do something to switch that also?
stock y8 rails have the fpr and inlet on the same side

maybe ill drill out my z6 to fit my y8 mani and ditch this aem y8 rail i have

·
Registered
HONDA
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great DIY!

my question is....couldnt you, once both ends are out...bore out the inside of the rail to allow more flow??
problem is finding a drill bit long enough to do that???

thatnks for all the rep guys :)

@Tw34k: even when boosting?

·
Registered
HONDA
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i wont be getting there any time soon. cool thanks was just a thought i was pondering

1 - 20 of 22 Posts