Honda D Series Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
i thought it would be cool to cut and paste from www.c-speedracing.com. on helping along w/the diy. if/and i violated some rule or some law. i will deleted this thread. this is to help our member educated to do it yourself and not get rob from shops and freinds like i did. so print while you can.

On a high output motor, boosted or NA, it is important to upgrade the fuel delivery system. One of these components is the fuel pump. Upgrading the fuel pump will allow you to flow more fuel to the injectors and if needed, will allow you to run higher than stock fuel pressures without the risk of running short of fuel especially under boost with rising rate regulators (FMU's).

The first thing to do is remove the rear seats. Once they are out of the way, you will see that the fuel pump is covered by a metal cover. Remove the three screws to gain access to the pump. You will then see the lid to the gas tank. There are a series of 10mm bolts surrounding the perimeter of the lid. Remove them all.

Now disconnect the fuel lines from the lid. One of them is snapped in place and can be removed by seperating the inner plastic clip first, then pull off the line. You can now remove the fuel pump wiring under the black rubber boot. Disconnect the wires by pulling the connector

You can then pull out the fuel pump by lifting on the lid. It may take some jiggling to get it out. Be sure to have some towels ready to catch the leaking fuel. First disconnect the wiring from the fuel pump via the connector

Pull up on the lower end of the pump to remove it from the metal housing. Once it is free from the lower metal collar, you can disconnect the fuel line from the pump. Now place your new pump in place and reverse the directions to put it all back together. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Nice write up. Do you know if it is the same on a CRX?

·
Registered
130 Posts
fuel pump install in crx

the actual dropping of the tank sux too, 2 tubes and 2 wires have to be disconnected not an easy task considering their location and recent 15- 20 years of being underneath the car in all weahter conditions! all and all though after you drop the tank the above diy info is correct and helpful.

in my case the replacement of my fuel pump to a walbro 190 helped a ton and made the car run better than it had with the old worn out pump.

deff a job worth doing if you suspect that your 15-20 year old pump can't hang!

ps. make sure you do a good job connecting the wires inside the pump, crimp connectors and solder. remember that a short or weak connection bathing in gallons of gasoline could realy ruin your day, lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.