Honda D Series Forum banner

DIY Fuel Line Tuck (Parts List)

58K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  NeonPinHead 
#1 ·
I was bored so I put together a list of what would be needed to do a fuel line tuck. This might of been covered but I haven't seen it on here.

AN size is "X"/16 so -6AN is 6/16 or 3/8. The OEM feed line on Civic's and Integra's is 5/16 and the return is 1/4, this equals out to be -5AN and the return is -4AN, odd sizes are hard to find so best to use -6 for the feed.

I have a AEM fuel rail which is -6AN so a -6AN O-ring boss adapter is needed. If you are using a OEM fuel rail you can remove the stud for the banjo feed line and use a 12 x 1.25 to -6AN adapter.

If you are using a stock rail or stock feed location, hose lengths may vary in my case the feed location is on the driver side and my stock steel feed line is cut right after it enters the engine compartment so I only need about a foot and a half to two feet of -6AN hose, same length for the return.

To convert the steel feed line to AN a 5/16 tube to -6AN compression adapter fitting is used. You need two straight -6AN hose ends, a FUEL INJECTION approved inline filter, and a 90 degree -6AN female to female adapter.

For the return you can use your stock rubber line if you want to save some cash, or you can use some fancy braided line with -4AN "dress up" hose ends, basically gear worm clamps with covers on them to make them look like AN fittings. Bam fuel line tuck is done.

Part list with links:

AN to Tube Adapter Fittings

90 Degree Female -6 AN to Female -6 AN

Male -6 AN to Male -6 AN O-Ring

Econ-O-Fit Hose Clamps

Russell Competition Fuel Filters

Summit Racing® Hose Ends

Vibrant Performance Braided Flexible Race Hose -4AN

Vibrant Performance Braided Flexible Race Hose -6AN

See less See more
#2 ·
are you going to post step by step pics in this or another thread..?

#3 ·
I thought about putting this in tech since I haven't got the parts yet (nor will I have them anytime soon). I was just looking at buying the kit from Fuel Tuck'd and wondered if I could put it together for cheaper. With all the parts added up my way is about $100, Fuel Tock'd kit is $150. My kit has a better filter though.

#4 ·
Pretty much the same stuff I use. If you need pics of it on the car I have them in my build thread.

#5 ·
Here's two pics. All I can find right now.

Stock fuel lines converted to an

Braided hose with hose ends.

#6 ·
Glad you posted, I tried to find pics in your build but couldn't find anything. I'd convert that banjo fitting to AN though

#7 ·
Yea I don't know what happened to them. I had to dig in my phone to find those. I know I have more but to many pics to look threw. I'll keep digging to see if I can find more pics.

Only reason the banjo is on there is I helped some one out and sold them that set up. I all ways convert the rail to an fitting.

#8 ·
Found some more.

Here you can see it on the motor.

#10 ·
reviving an old thread.

instead of the compression fitting to adapt the hard lines, why not cut, re-flare, and use the original fuel line fitting. in which case does anyone know the size of the fitting for the stock filter? im sure you could find an adapter fitting to 6an, and it would hold more than 50psi.

#11 ·
because its cheaper then having to buy a flare tool..

The earls fitting from hardline to AN holds up to 80 IIRC. there was a video from earls with install instructions and details.

Im using the hardline to AN on my setup and its fine so far

#13 ·
#17 ·
20 bucks to save me from trying to fuck with a hardline pressed against a firewall is totally worth it IMO.

But like I said, the Earls fitting is good to 80lbs.. fine by me.

#18 ·
that fitting would work for the 96 and up civic, not so much for the 92-95 civic...the fuel line on the 92-95 civic would need to be bent for that fitting to work,at least thats how i see it..

people want to tuck the fuel line and cutting the stock line down low and using either the compression fitting or flaring it and running it behind the intake manifold..

#21 ·
thats exactly what i posted pic of in post 4 with the black fittings...post 8 is the compression fitting with hose and filter...both ways work....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.