Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a few ways to do this
one have it welded shut with a tig. unless you have a tig prob cost ya some.

use set screws in there, good idea but might be a pain getting the right size set screw.

or the easy cheap way :) works well i have done this to many of these dumb injection holes.

any way its real easy

stuff need i used
jb weld
drill with brass wheel cleaner
paper plate
half a clothes pin

step one aquire mani with air injection holes
dirty nasty slut

step 2 clean it with the drill and brass wire wheel
need my shades now lol

step 3 get your fine china and half a clothes pin and mix up some jb weld

step 4 find the holes
see the red circles these are the famous injection holes and notice the shell in the center this will need capped off also. it just a shell with jb weld in it
here are the holes filled i just used my finger and filled the holes with the jb weld then used my finger to wip it clean
let set to dry also i let mine set 24hrs

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
i have a question, what do the holes actually do anyways?

·
Premium Member
Red '95 EX
1,066 Posts

·
Registered
Civic EX 1999 2dr
43 Posts
thinking of plugging the holes up but i feel like the car won't idle properly if its cold out because of the last post does anyone have any experience of this situation working in cold air conditions swell .. i feel like i should put gasket maker around the head itself to fake the original y8 head

please get back to me on that one I'm trying to get the damn thing running in two days !

·
Registered
189 Posts
It doesn't matter because only the 99-00 D16Y8 is programmed with the air injection in mind. Every other engine will only idle correctly in cold conditions with the ports blocked off.

·
Registered
95 EG8
227 Posts
i just used liquid gasket when I did the swap onto my B7, which has held up since J&B Weld does seem to be more sturdy though

·
Registered
801 Posts
you can also try quiksteel. I usually have some of this stuff laying around and its worked great for stuff like this. I have jb too, but for something like this it may be easier to work with the more playdough consistency of quiksteel

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've used quiksteel on exhaust stuff before as well as plugging my supercharger silencer holes. Never held up too well on exhaust and I'm not sure about the blower. Haven't pulled it since. Probably would work alright in this application... I agree it might be easier to work with due to its consistency.

Thanks for the writeup! Did this last night on my mani..!

·
Registered
89 Crx Si
135 Posts
I wish this would've been up sooner. I planned on using jb weld but I spent $40 and got them tapped. I wasnt sure if it was going to hold up :( SMH

1 - 19 of 19 Posts