Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i went to the part store and the 3m window weld was $18.00, really not that bad of a price but i only had $10 on me so i left empty handed....later while at a meijer (same as a super wal-mart) i noticed they had a bunch of different caulks in the home improvement section for sealing tiles, bathroom fixtures, ect... get to the end of the row and there is a product made by dap to seal roofs that is polyurethane and only $3.99

heres a link

Caulk Polyurethane -Black 10.1 Fluid Ounces : 18816 - Buy.com

would this stuff work or is it best to just grab up some 3m window weld

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
I can't find a density listed on the msds for the Dap Caulk to compare it to the density of the 3m Window Weld. If it were me, I'd stick with the window weld!

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i looked for a rating on it and couldn't find it. thought maybe someone might know. but 3.99 is always better than 17.99 :) .... might be a nice alternative if someone knew or could find out the hardness of it

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Theres a DIY on this already... just sayin'.

·
Registered
90 civic si
1,536 Posts
i used 3m and my motor barely budges at all.. i still plan to get some nice innovative mounts when funds allow.. just cause i am getting picky and getting into details/bling lol

My car doesnt vibrate to bad and overall i am happy with the 3m window weld... and i have an es insert in the rear

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
eventually im sure i'll get to do the bling thing :) but for now while the motor is down and out for a while, i can manage to wait for it to cure as its going to be a few weeks before i even think of putting a motor back in. i think it should help alot as i also have e.s. lower torque mount inserts.

thanks for the help guys

·
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!
my hatchy
3,177 Posts
I still like how I did mine better real poly from mcmaster
x12321

eventually im sure i'll get to do the bling thing :) but for now while the motor is down and out for a while, i can manage to wait for it to cure as its going to be a few weeks before i even think of putting a motor back in. i think it should help alot as i also have e.s. lower torque mount inserts.

thanks for the help guys
either way let us know how it goes. :TU:

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Filling your motor mounts is just about the cheapest/best mod one can do personally. Difference in drivability is definitely noticeable.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the help guys, i'm going to do this this or next weekend, it'll be a month or so till the motor is in the car so i got time to let them cure,

thanks again
scott

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
You got a link to the Mcmaster page? I'd love to see exactly what you used!
mcmaster.com p/n 8644K18

There is a DIY on here and I have pics of the stuff and how it does in my build thread if Im not mistaken

I also just noticed that they sell aluminum epoxy that you get more of it than devcon interesting ( that was just a side note)

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
less than 4 bucks a tube 1 tube did the 2 upper motor mounts

i'll update once i get it back on the road with how well it does

1 - 18 of 18 Posts