Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you people who cant (or dont want to) get hold of a PowerTower. This method uses only OEM parts, a bolt and some resin. If you can spare some time and a Dizzy cap, you can do it!

Attachments

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It allows you to upgrade your coil to a more powerful external coil. Like a bosch 55.000 or sumthing.

This is also an option instead of replacing the standard coil when it goes. BTW REP boy, if you do it right, you wont get your ass zapped. And why would you get zapped, if youre dumb enough to play with live ignition components, you are asking to get fried. MSD is more money.

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
you dont have to be playing wiht the ignition to get zapped, i have had my hand near the terminal on some cars and got a little jolt from the coil tower:beer:

J

·
0 Posts
i was wondering because my car is obdo where i could get one of those condensor things.. or even what kind..
thanks
jake

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think one of the import mags did a write-up not too long ago on this. Used the same mod to wire up an external MSD coil. Looks good when done right.

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah they did. But that used a special part that not everyone can get hold of. But i wrote up an option on how to do this with no aftermarket parts.

I did this last year before that article.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts