Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got on the bored side and decided to make the rsx bay alittle cleaner.

And yes bolt sizes from the acura are the same as honda's, i have a feeling ill get a question asking "can i do this to a 95 civic?" answer is yes.

I was looking at different options for bay dress up kits, and to me some of the prices from some of them companys are just outrageously retarded, now come on its only a finishing washer and a allen head sunk in bolt

I bought a 150 peices from a local bolt store for 37$, good start i think..50 bag of finishing washers, 50 bag of m6x12 allen head bolt and a 50 bag of m6x20 allen head bolts.

What one looks like together
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

The bag of witch they came in

The paint that i used, i think this is some of the best anolized paint i used, you spray the silver coat first, let sit for about an hour and then lay some of purp over it (or whatever colors you choose to do) and let dry, takes about 3 hours to be able to handle.

A picture with the silver coat, this is 2 coats of the silver.

This is a picture with the purple on them, 2 coats, after they dry they are gonna be stuck to what ever you lay them on (they were for me, i used a flat wood board). Just use some thing small with a point and lift them up from the middle, if you happen to scratch alittle paint on the inside its all good because the bolt will cover it, just try not to scratch the outside of the washer.

I only put one on but thats what the finishing product looks like.

I hope you guys liked this little DIY, its quick and simple and looks alot better then the plain ole stock bolts and you'll save your self some money.I will be putting the rest on later if not tomarrow, i will up date with a pic showing them.

And sorry if the pics are big..

Thanks for looking :TU:

·
Registered
98 dx sedan
895 Posts
In for the final pic :bigok:

This looks sick and really cheap! I hope more people start doin this cuz I love the look!
Rep'd!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, ill post a pic then tommarow with most of them on if not all of them on, now dont laugh its still a stock engine bay till i order some goodies haha, i will be doing my valve cover in this color aswell when i get the chance to.

·
Registered
98 dx sedan
895 Posts
Thanks guys, ill post a pic then tommarow with most of them on if not all of them on, now dont laugh its still a stock engine bay till i order some goodies haha, i will be doing my valve cover in this color aswell when i get the chance to.
pics pics pics pics pics:biggrin:

and hell, it's probably a cleaner bay than most of us on here have anyway lol

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
pics pics pics pics pics:biggrin:

and hell, it's probably a cleaner bay than most of us on here have anyway lol
I try to keep it clean but its still all stock lol, no fancy wire tuck and shave and all that lol, just trying to dress it up with some simple items :bigok:

Weather has been shitty since tuesday so didnt really finish putting them all in, just did the fenders and the rad support and some others scattered through out the bay.

Dont mind the rusty battery tie down lol, waiting for my purple pwjdm tie down to come :TU:

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
A local bolt store? You think home depot, Lowes, or ACE would have these?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I would only be worried about the heads getting rusty. After you tighten them and a little water gets in the scratches left by wrenches, you have rusty skid marks. I had this issue on my Harley Sportster 10years ago, had to paint them the second time I did this so the head would still look fresh, then I put blue tape on my wrench ends and kept them nice till I sold it.

Looks great though for a little side project, repppppped.

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would only be worried about the heads getting rusty. After you tighten them and a little water gets in the scratches left by wrenches, you have rusty skid marks. I had this issue on my Harley Sportster 10years ago, had to paint them the second time I did this so the head would still look fresh, then I put blue tape on my wrench ends and kept them nice till I sold it.

Looks great though for a little side project, repppppped.
What are you talking about? Making no sence, plus there stainless steel bolts so i have awhile till they rust, plus i put oil on all threads before i replaced them so there is some lube on them. And im lost on the whole blue tape part, on a allen key? lol

OP, did you ever think of putting your own kit together and selling it?
you stand to make money especially with the locals
Yes i have actually, im just not sure what a fair price would be considering id have to buy the paint and all peices and of course do all the other little work for them to be finished, plus if id try and sell them id wanna do them for all different car owners, VW,subaru,honda,mazda,nissan etc etc

Ill check and get back to you.
Sounds good

1 - 20 of 42 Posts