Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Detcan I made

All of the parts were ordered from Jaycar. Kind of sucks the shipping cost more than the parts. The only parts that arent on there are a piezo and the 1/4 in headphone jack which I already had from building guitars. All together under $40 to build and pretty easy as long as you can solder.
part list

All of the parts laid out

Everything soldered to the board. The kit comes with instructions. The only two changes are soldering a jumper instead of the 1k resistor and soldering a POT instead of VR1.

Soldering the piezo

Drill some holes in the box and attach the components. I used hot glue for the circuit board and battery holder

I haven't had a chance to use it on an engine yet but it will defiantly work. I still need to decide if I want to use a battery clip or a eye clip to attach it to the engine.
I will most likely use an aux cord and run it through audacity on my laptop that way I can record it. I'll use my phone to dictate also.

If anyone has any questions feel free to message me

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
I've used something similar. The plan was to have something that can fit under the helmet while at the track.

Unfortunately it didnt work very well at all. I immediately went back to a standard stethoscope and hose.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This thing works perfect. I haven't used it for tunning yet but I attached it to the engine and you can hear everything. You can't even hear the injectors firing if you put it near them. It's pretty neat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts