Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sticky..?

In this DIY i am taking the time to share a recipe that has helped me through those long hours out in the garage working on the civic...

This should easily feed a family of four with left over's

SUBJECT:
Delicious Chicken Alfredo

TOOL's NEEDED:
1) A Stove (very important)
1) sink (hot water, draining noodles) <- i know it's obvious lol
1) 2.5 quart Pot (or similar)

1) Large oven safe bowl
1) wood spoon (or similar)
1) colander/strainer
1) can opener
?) plate's/bowls, fork's etc...
?) hungry people/shorty's

FOOD ITEMS NEEDED:
(you can substitute what ever want, if you like)
1) Box of Mostaccioli noodles, i prefer the Barilla brand
2) Jar's of Bertolli Alfredo Sauce
1) Pack of Sargento cheese (I prefer the Classic 6 cheese Italian)
2) 13oz Member's Mark canned Chicken (from Sam's Club $10/5 pack)
1) secret ingrediant (to be named later)
1)
portion of salt for the noodles during there boiling period (THIS IS THE ONLY SEASONING IN THIS RECIPE) not sure why i put that in cap's but there ya go...

STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:

At this time it's a good idea to turn on your oven, this will allow it to PRE-Heat so it's ready when you are...

put approximately 2 quarts of hot water from your sink into a pot along with a lil salt (how much is your call, it's just for the noodles), place it on your stove/cook top at high heat till the water boils (DO NOT ADD THE NOODLES YET)

when your water is at a good rolling boil, go ahead and add the noodles, try not to splash the hot water on yourself...

once the noodles are in you will notice the water is not at a rolling boil anymore, this is normal, just give them a good stir and check every few minutes and stir them again, then repeat... you don't want them to stick to the pot...

now that your noodles are cooking go ahead and open your Chicken, make sure to drain all the water/juice from the can, then place it into your large oven safe bowl...

now use a fork and just push down on the chicken so the big pieces break down to smaller ones, you will notice the amount of chicken doubles...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
now add the Alfredo Sauce, after pouring the Alfredo Sauce into the large oven safe bowl with the Chicken, fill just one of the jars half way with water from the sink, put the lid on tight and shake the hell out of it, then pour the contents into the other Alfredo Sauce jar and do the same, after this has been shaken, pour the contents into the large oven safe bowl with the chicken and Alfredo Sauce... now mix the contents thoroughly...

about this time, now your noodles should be ready and the stove should also be ready to go as well... hopefully you remembered to stir them every couple of minutes... now turn off the heat to your pot and place a colander/strainer in the sink and pour your noodles into it... give them a good shake and pour the noodles on top of your Alfredo Sauce/Chicken mix, now stir it up well and slow as not to make a mess...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
now that it is mixed up to your satisfaction, place a layer of cheese on the top, how much is up to you, i use the whole bag lol
now it's ready for the oven, bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is to your liking...

after 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven you should have something that looks like this...

now serve it up to your family and i hope you enjoy it as much as i do...

this is a 4Door Life sized bowl... lol i served my dad and myself and as you can see, it really didn't make a dent, it will feed at least a family of 4 with left overs...

you may have though i forgot about my secret ingredient huh...
well here it is... I love this stuff and on Chicken Alfredo, it's soooooo f'n good...

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
wow that looks bomb as hell hmmm thanks for the details.

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
butter, 1 cup milk,1/2 cup cream cheese, 1 clove garlic,salt and pepper and a dose of parmesean cheese.

bet you thats about the only way this dish gets any better,

homemade alfredo sauce. holla!

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
butter, 1 cup milk,1/2 cup cream cheese, 1 clove garlic,salt and pepper and a dose of parmesean cheese.

bet you thats about the only way this dish gets any better,

homemade alfredo sauce. holla!
i love this Bertolli Alfredo sauce so if we ever meet, maybe you could hook me up with a sample of your sauce... :td:

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
Rep for the badass diy!! LOLOLOLOLOL I have never seen a cookbook with step by step pictures. lol

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my A Hole will hate me if I use that Hot Sauce!

Especially if it says "one drop does it" :pinch:

Minus teh Sauce, it Looks BOMB :td:
this Louisiana hot sauce really isn't hot, its just, i don't no, a lil spicy... and it's cheap, like $1.50 for a good size bottle...
:3dtard:i thought you were mexican =P
:wacko: lol

1 - 20 of 66 Posts