Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this isnt some sort of repost, just saw the NOS bottle version and figured id post this on here, made it a while back, not the best but gives u a good idea of what to do:

After talking to a few people with CRXs I realized many of you are having some leaking issues, this thread will address the hatch-strut leak. This is when you get water dropping from the rear strut mounts which leaks behind the front seats onto the rear seat or storage area.

First take off the black strips that run the length of the roof. I used a pointed screwdriver to pry up the end near the hatch and lifted it forward pulling it out at the front.

I found the cracks in the silicone that caused my leak, you can see the cracks here near the hatch end, they also continue down under the top of the hatch.

Now that you located the cracks lay some silicone over them. Be sure to cover all the cracks, take your time and dont get any on the roof or anything. I did this in the evening and left the moldings off for a day just to make sure the silicone was dry. I did this last week and washed my car about 3 times since then and not a drop of water has leaked.

The rear light leak will be addressed in another thread after i make sure my fix worked.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahahaha thanks dan :p

racejunkie: its an EF7 (JDM Si)

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
cool and what a easy fix

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Glass top sicknesssss, nice fix too, thanks.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
3rd brake light on the top too instead of on the rear low. Interesting indeed. Nice fix! In another country and using kickers...shame on you! I bet it beats though haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts