Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sittin in my CRX and was looking at the ugly orange color of my gauge cluster thinking....why orange? With some disassembling and searching on the cluster, I found i could change that.

What i did was took my cluster out, took it apart peice by peice and found that there is a orange film type peice that is at the top of the cluster facing(the black part that surrounds the gauge). There is a whitish rectangle peice that sits on top of it that has 2 screws. Just undo those screws and pull the white peice off. Under it is the orange and black peice that gives the gauges their orange "glow". I took it out and traced the area on the black cluster facing where the orange peice sat onto a peice of thin, blue, transparent plastic peice. I got the plastic peice from a strobe light i got awhile back, came with different color slides to put over the glass. Glued the blue peices over the rectangle openings on the cluster facing. Let it set for a little while and put the white piece(with the 2 little light bulbs) back on. Screwed it down, and put it back in the car to see wut it looked like. In my opinion it turned out real nice. Brighter, Not dull orange, and unique :smile: . If someone wants to do this and needs more info. Just post what u dont get and ill help ya. Thanx

-Scott-

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
Good work, now how bout dem pics?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha....ill see about gettin some tomorrow night. When its dark :smile: . So it all can be seen. Dont have access to a camera right now.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You can change the color also by removing film and replace ALL bulbs with colored bulbs of your choice (blue ones turn out a nice skyblue). Afraid the red bulbs will make my cluster look my wifes Montana gauges - that GM red/orange.

B

·
0 Posts
there is a guy who makes a black light kit with different color needles, at night the only thing that lights up is the numbers and needles....like they are floating...oooo spooky. unfortunately the site is down.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried takin pics of it last night and non of the pics were good enough to see the cluster. Could barely see the numbers and needles. Sorry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts