Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont mind the shady set up below lol. Its a B block with D flywheel/pulley just sitting next to the block lol

Next if you dont like how i do things I dont really wanna hear it. So just keep your thoughts to your self and move to the next thread.

First flywheel

With the clutch and pressure plate removed. Place large vice grips on the flywheel. Note the way they are on the flywheel angle and everything. Make sure there nice and tight so they dont slip.

next using a 12 point 17mm socket as seen with my homemade one lol. Use a breaker bar or cheater bar. While using a pulling up motion. use a knee or foot of the motor moves on ya.

Wont take much to break these loose with cheater/breaker bar

------------------------------------------------------------------

next the crank pulley this can not be dont in the car unless the trans is out of the car.

Place the vice grips shown like above but place in the back of the motor with notice to angle of them in the pic.

Now with my sweet made socket set up and my cheater bar. with a pushing down motion break the pulley bolt loose.

Note: Dont loose the keyway when removing the pulley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the famous bitch pin removal. i figured this out years ago and have used the exact same bolt ever since.

This is a bolt that holds the a/c compressor (there are 4 bolts like this) to the a/c mounting plate. Can be gotten from junk yard if ya dont have one

use a hammer and just punch the pin out.
easy cheesey

This is a video click the pic

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
You are a genious! Bookmarked for when I get to this step.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
I feel like an idiot for misspelling genius. And then you went and quoted it so it will forever be known to all...

·
Registered
94 Civic EX sedan
75 Posts
Nice! Will be keeping this one LOL

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Other option in stopping flywheel.

·
Registered
118 Posts
in times of despiration when the motor is out. i.ve taken the sump off and placed a bar through the girdle... turn the crank until rod hits the bar... then the motor wont budge.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Should also be noted that the bitch pin is easier to get out from the top. I think it's slightly tapered or something, because if I try to pop it out from below it just won't budge, but if I do it from the top it comes right out.

ya man a few long extensions and a 1/4" bit on the end!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I don't see the trouble with the linkage pin.
I get under there with my punch and tap it lightly with a hammer and its out. Ive done it in the car several times.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I thankfully *knock on wood* Have NEVER had a bitch pin seized in the linkage. I use the same bolt lol, It's painted orange and sits in the top of my toolbox along with my other "tools".

I also have used a combination wrench to hold the flywheel in place lol but the vise grips are another route I guess. Good thread!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts