Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 89 civic wagon with the d16a6 and manual 5 speed transmission. one morning a few weeks ago i came out to start my car after a particularly cold night and nothing happened. it didn't turn over or anything so i was pretty freaked. i consulted my dad and he said it was probably the clutch switch so we hot wired it with a paper clip and now i don't need to push my clutch in to start the car. i went to bed thinking my car was fixed and then the next morning when i went to leave, it felt like the clutch wasn't out all the way and when i went to shift it took considerable force to put it into place. i realize now that was a stupid decision to even force it, but i had to get to school. since then my dads friend has diagnosed it and said the clutch went up. i was just wondering if thats happened to others. i really need my car, i don't have much money, and i am considering doing it myself. has anyone done this? what would i need to do it? thanks

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Pull the motor, and take the trany off. Go to autozone and get the clutch for $100. lifetime warantee. Its not hard at all, and it has a clutch alignment tool.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Get a haynes manual its perty straight forward, you should even be able to do it without pulling the motor, you just have to support the engine with a jack or something!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you think i could still do it if i dont have much experience? i want to upgrade the clutch from stock while im doing it anyway haha. i have a chiltons manual somewhere...

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
as long as you have a manual any slightly mechanically inclined person can do it, just take your time and have some patients.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts