Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you that have an irradic idle and are annoyed with it heres how you clean and fix the problem.

IACV = Idle Air Control Valve

step one: locate your IACV it looks like this and on D series engines its mounted on the rear of the intake manifold near the throttle body, and on F series engines its mounuted towards the front of the car on the intake manifold near the throttle body

Step two: remove it, all you need to do is take the 2, 12mm bolts out, disconnect the electrical connection, and your heater lines that run to it. (note put a rag on the heater lines so it doesnt spill everywhere)

Step three: take some brake cleaner or carb cleaner and spray out the screen, which as you can see is very clogged on my 180K+ D15b8.

NOTE you can also take off the bottum part and inspect the gasket to make sure its clean and dirt free, and in my case it was

http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/data/501/42312100-0031_IMG_2.JPG
Step four: Let it dry, then reconnect your electrical connection, your heater lines, and your bolts and BAM your done.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nice post!
Mines been idling at 500-600 for years, so I took the IACV off and cleaned it. It looks good now, but my car still idles at 500-600. I tried adjusting it and still nothing, what the heck?!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know. I will try that this evening!

BTW I am new here and from Trinidad!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Folks I cant find mine :( . Either its below my Throttle Body(whick is facing sideways like the B series) or somewhere else :?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
crxtscy said:
good post... i tihnk i'm missing my lil screen... thats probably bad huh?
mine doesnt have a screen either and i cant get the bottom part off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts