Honda D Series Forum banner

DIY:92-95 Civic Modified Stock Intake into CAI

10K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Burton6431 
#1 · (Edited)
Im not sure if anyone has done this yet. But I have been running this modified intake for 2 years now. You can run it with or without air filter. Totally up to you. I felt a big difference after I did it. I hope it helps you guys out without having to buy a CAI and modifying yourself one using the stock intake. My buddy did this to his and used it to run 14.8 1/4 mile so I know for sure it works!
I have not tried to dyno this but I know it works for sure. Let me know what you think =)
Keep in mind this is my 2nd DIY attempt haha. It's great for us CALIFORNIA guys to avoid them cops and fix it tickets!

You can use this idea on any of your cars. Just follow the same procedures.

Reps accepted =)

Here's what you need:
1. Dremel or anything that will cut through plastic.
2. Zip Ties
3. 10mm socket and wrachet
4. And of course, IMAGINATION!
5. Flat head
6. 94-01 Integra intake arm.
7. Zip Lock Bag (Used to cover intake reservoir.
8. DON'T FORGET YOUR BEVERAGE TO DRINK! ;)

Mine is already cut out so you get the idea of how it works.
If you haven't taken off your stock intake yet, you should start by using the 10mm socket and loosening them bolts so you can get the whole intake reservoir box off including intake arm and filter box.

Here are the pictures.

This is how it should look. The hole is facing the front bumper so it gets the forced induction when you drive.

Inside the box.

Back View.

See less See more
#2 ·
You can cut a hole or you can take off the bolt here to take off the big box and use the the U shaped part.

You can also cut holes in other spots of the box. Use your imagination.
Side of it with my finger pointed where you can cut.

And here's a part in the back where you can cut a hole too.

#3 · (Edited)
This is the part where you use the zip lock bag or whatever you want to use to block it from sucking air from engine bay to get a stronger suction of cold air from the bottom box and tie it up using the zip ties or you can just slap on the cover. Make sure it is secured on tightly.

For the Intake arm part, force the integra intake arm over the air filter box and use a clamp to tighten it down.
I forgot to take pics of that part but I think its an easy job.
Heres how it looks. Bigger, more aggresive look lol. I'll take a better shot of it later.

After you have successfully and imaginatively cut where you want the hole, reinstall everything back on the car and take it for a test drive.
Congratz and pat your self in the back!

#4 ·
Theory of it all.

1. While driving air is diverted and driven into the box.
2. Air enters the box and into the tube.
3. Air is then sucked up through the tube into the intake arm and into the manifold.

You get the idea. My precious artwork masterpiece explaining it.

#6 ·
Haha thanks! It sucks when you cant really go all out in cali so all you can do is just ghetto rig things to make them work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.