Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok the point of this thread is after 2hrs of searching to find out if it was even possible i just gave up and went to town and snapped some pics so some poor guy like me in the future will have an answer

and i wasnt going to spend $120 on a crappy fitting cf dash tray from password jdm

we will assume you have safley removed the airbag from you car and it is sitting on a clean and clear work bench with no power source near it... remember if it explodes it can cause serious harm, injury, or death....please handle with absolute care

i assume no responsability for others and this is a do it at your own risk modification....also check with your local laws whether it is legal to tamper with your airbag

tools needed:

- a decent pair of vise grips

yep thats it....

the damn tamper proof hardware

1) start with the bolts on the bottom, adjust the vise grips so that you must apply a decent amount of force to lock them shut...they will be at a funky angle...once cracked free you can back them off a tad i started with the outer two and then the middle, you can do it in any order....again please use caution and unscrew nicely

2) turn your airbag over, again do so with caution, your airbag does contain an explosive devise.... and now its time for the screws...i did not need to adjust the vise grips but if you need to go ahead and do so and repeat till all screws are off

3) carfully peal back the airbag cover from the airbag...mine did require a little bit of force as its been stuck in one position for 18 years

4) slide it off the studs

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

5} reinstall in dash using the 4 stock nuts that once held it in place

6) enjoy saving 120 on a delete tray, keeping your interior look stock, saving weight or whatever reason you just did this :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts