Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read up as much as I can on pgmfi.org, and a chipped ECU seems the only way to go.

Background: D16z6 with JRSC, bone stock @6psi. Not planning any upgrades - used for daily driver with safety first, fun power - second.

It seems like I'll be able to ditch the JRSC FMU as well (correct me if I'm wrong) - seems to be a jury rig device, almost - judging from the amount of control you can get with a chipped ECU.

Keeping everything else stock. I've found out Phearable can most likely giving me a starting point - get a chipped ECU w/basemap, get rid of the BTC and FMU, and either tweak or get it tuned.

What else am I missing?

PM

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it. (Puts inj's on the list).

Do I need a wideband O2 with the chipped ECU?

And are there any other places to get pre-programmed chipped ECU's?

Thanks!

PM

·
Registered
30 Posts
yeah him and blundar from pgmfi.org did a tunning seminar in vegas not too long ago. wish i could have went and learned more. hit up www.pgmfi.org and you'll definitely learn alot. ask alot of questions, but post em in the newb or tunning section.

just with swapping out the auto tranny for a 5spd and a good N/A tune i'm getting 45-50 MPG on the highway

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy crap! U guys are awesome - quick replies and everyone's saying the same thing.

I'm getting a wideband then - LOL, tuning it myself seems like the thing to do. I'm going with one of the kits from Xeno. Noticed he sells injectors as well (Precision 440cc) - those will drop right in, correct?

Think I've got my hands around this tuning thing - I'll need to get my hands on to really get into it. Gonna drop off the car for a 500mi check-up to the good group of guys that dropped in the JRSC - I'll ask for a comp and leakdown if they've got the time.

Thanks again, all!

PM

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
Noticed he sells injectors as well (Precision 440cc) - those will drop right in, correct?
if you have the dough go ahead and get the precisions... but if you are looking to save a lil bit of cash, the DSM 450s with a resistor box fit with a little bit of modification to the stock O rings from your stock injectors... same flow rate, cheaper, and very abundant in the "for sale" section

1 - 11 of 11 Posts