Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alot of you guys don't suggest using the stupid piggy back system on the edelbrock 1500 turbo kit. It is my daily driver and don't want to have tinker with it after i slap in the kit.
i don't want to spend money if i don't have too.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
skip the crap it comes with. add these parts for a reliable dd:

walbro 255 -$100
dsm 450cc inj. - $50-75
chipping kit w/basemap- $40
soldering iron, solder, soldering wick, resistors - $30
tune - $100-500 depends on who you know and if its a street tune or dyno tune

you take these steps and keep it to ~200whp and you could maintain stock honda reliability and drive it 24/7/365

·
Registered
982 Posts
it will work just fine out of the box. however, it is set up as a universal tune, so it is conservative. If you want more power out of it, you could always try to get a links tuner and tune it for better perfomance, but in the end it is just an OK fuel delivery option. Great cause its smog legal for those of us who need to look out for that. Not Ideal for those who like perfectlion, or more control.

If its one of the earlier kits it came with a turbo link piggyback which has a 6X16 table for tuning. With transition points at ever 0.4 bar ~ 5.5 psi. And from my understanding it was only tuned for 0.8 bar ~11 psi.

Again, the kit is just fine as intended, but could benefit from a better controller. Its just a matter of what you want or are allowed to do.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts

walbro 255 -$100
dsm 450cc inj. - $50-75

you take these steps and keep it to ~200whp and you could maintain stock honda reliability and drive it 24/7/365
I did exactly this when i was doing my greddy kit. Ditch the piggy back get a tune. Scottdh20 is 100% on point. 2 year at 204 whp. dd and beaten to shit when needed, stock block and head...

·
Premium Member
537 Posts

walbro 255 -$100
dsm 450cc inj. - $50-75

This is better than the piggy back, but the piggy back will work just fine.

If you plan to leave the setup as is (no one ever does, so don't lie to yourself) then the piggy back will do it's job... but if you have a set swinging between your legs, you will want to turn up the boost and tinker with it. In that case you will want to pony up the money for something more customizable.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts

walbro 255 -$100
dsm 450cc inj. - $50-75

I'd rather spend the money for better injectors, personally. In fact that is what I did when I was running the ole Edelbrock kit.

·
turn up tha boost !
1,193 Posts
Edelbrock hand held tuner / link ecu

I ran the Edelbrock piggy back for a few years. This isn't your normal piggy back. The tune is absolutely perfect up to 10ish psi! Unless you want more than 10 psi, don't waste your money on an after market EMS. I have the hand held link module ecu tuner and bigger secondary injectors if you or anybody else is interested in staying obd2 with more than 10psi on the Edelbrock kit. PM if :)

BTW, I made 185/165 on 10 psi w/ this kit.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay i will install it with the piggy back and see how i like it.
like someone said if i got some balls swinging then i may want to push over 10 psi.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts