Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done doing the D15B7 head swap on my car, and made the mistake of not marking where the distributor rotor was pointing in relation to the camshaft. With the cam gear at TDC (UP at the top) where should the distributor rotor be pointing?

I apologize if this has been answered, I searched and didn't find what I was after. Thanks!

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
I just got done doing the D15B7 head swap on my car, and made the mistake of not marking where the distributor rotor was pointing in relation to the camshaft. With the cam gear at TDC (UP at the top) where should the distributor rotor be pointing?

I apologize if this has been answered, I searched and didn't find what I was after. Thanks!
To the best of my knowledge and experience, the distributor will only fit on the cam one way.

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another issue here, i'll put it in this thread so I don't keep making new ones, I am running a PO6 ECU with the B7 head (the correct combination as far as I know), and it runs great, searches at idle but I already had a previous IACV problem. The issue is, as long as I don't floor it or go balls-to-the-wall with it, it runs great, but if I redline it and shift through the gears, and I try to drive it civilized, it stumbles. After I shut it off and re-start it, it goes away. I have heard that the TPS could be the culprit, and I also think the spark plugs may have something to do with it, as I transferred them from my old head and they are a tad grungy, I planned on replacing them but just wanted to get this running.

I know that valve timing is dead on, and that it couldn't be valve timing anyway because it only does it under certain conditions.

Any ideas here? I'm enjoying the swap (I had a stock D15B8 in there, after all), just want to get some of these bugs worked out.

·
Banned
eh hatch
598 Posts
first...civilized driving is not at redline...thats track driving...
it most certainly could be a timing belt if its old and stretched
do a tune up...cap/rotor/wires/plugs and then come back with any further complaints

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
first...civilized driving is not at redline...thats track driving...
it most certainly could be a timing belt if its old and stretched
do a tune up...cap/rotor/wires/plugs and then come back with any further complaints
I totally worded that wrong, I meant, if I do redline it and shift through gears, then back off and drive it normally, it begins to stumble.

I replaced the timing belt when I did the head swap and triple-checked valve timing.

I'll take a look at the ignition components, thanks for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts