Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am swapping an OBD1 d15b into my ek coupe which had an OBD2 d15b in it. The plugs coming of the distributor are different then what my wire harness connects into. I was wondering do I need to change the distributor out and if so can I use the one from the OBD2 d15b?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks. Im actually converting the car to OBD-1 (i.e. I bought an obd-1 ecu and jumper) so just wasn't sure what to do with the distributor.

·
Registered
873 Posts
im gonna be doing the same conversion on my car soon and was having the same concern. Some guys (like lilryanadamse) replaced the internals so as to keep the stock mounting bolt patterns.
I think this is the most logical way to do.
I have a thing to ask the others though regarding this...Would you still use the stock OBD2 crankshaft position sensor located in the crank area when you swap to OBD1 dizzy internals?

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
31-17404<---from 95 civic 1.6

31-17432<---from 99 civic ex

31-17420<---from 97 civic 1.6

I got thoes part numbers from autozone.com

·
Registered
873 Posts
31-17404<---from 95 civic 1.6

31-17432<---from 99 civic ex

31-17420<---from 97 civic 1.6

I got thoes part numbers from autozone.com
I'm sorry but I didnt get what you mean with those part numbers..:(
I sure would like to know why you mentioned them though..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Couldn't you just put the connector from the obd-2 distributor on the odb-1 distributor, that would be basically the same as swapping out the internals of them right?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I need help on this too!!

same swap jdm d15b into a 00 civic...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Couldn't you just put the connector from the obd-2 distributor on the odb-1 distributor, that would be basically the same as swapping out the internals of them right?

Yes, either repin the connector, or cut/solder the wires, just make sure to match them all up perfectly. Honda's rarely change wire colors, and I know for a fact that the wiring swap you want to do will work by just matching up the colors.

As far as the CKF sensor goes, that is in another part of the wiring harness, and is NOT that same as the crank sensor in the dizzy. OBD2 computers use the CKP, CYP, and TDC signals from the dizzy, and the CKF from the oil pump. OBD1 and earlier do not use the CKF sensor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts