Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i fixed all the connectors for my igniter today, put everything all back together, made sure the rotor was pointing the right way, plug wires are in correct order, and threw the dizzy back on... then i fired it up, it ran fine for about 20 seconds... idled high cause of the extreme cold weather then started making a loud ticking noise......

i didnt have time to take it apart again, but i will tomorrow... i hope its safe to drive on cause its gonna have to happen...

what do you guys think it could be?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
sounds dumb, but did you tighten down the rotor? I've heard of them working out and hitting the cap before...or maybe one of the wires is hitting the rotor?

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
also check your bearings mine went out and made an awful racket, a good hint is red dust inside the cap. i just sprayed some red grease to band-aid the problem for awhile.

Reactions: guest

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
^ WERD!!!!!!!!
I worked an accord that had a noisy dizzy, had red dust. Had to replace dizzy.

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill have to check it out, but it was fine before i took it off, all i did was mess with the igniter wires...

·
Registered
159 Posts
sounds like rotor button came lose or the bearings but i dont see bearings bad if it was fine before hopefully it is a simple thing sounds like your luck is good as mine if i didnt have bad luck id have none at all

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same issue today. For the first 10 minutes or so the distributor was ticking. But it has stopped now. I'm not sure if it was because there was no oil between the end of the camsaft and the distibutor or what. I'm prolly gonna go ahead and take it back off to make sure nothings wrong (loose) interaly. I drove it to work and it seemed okay but my original issue (cel code 8 (tdc)) did not go away with the reworked distibutor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts