Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I recently purchased a distributor (supposedly a y8 dizzy) to replace the one on our current y7 motor. When my brother got home with it, he noticed the plug is different. Are we missing something here? I thought they both used the same distributor.

·
Banned
752 Posts
---Here's what I'm talking about, the connector on the current y7 distibutor is about 1-inch by 1-inch square in size. The supposed "y8" dizzy connector is like 1/2" x 1".

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
either that or is it OBD1? Idk, just throwin out ideas. what year is the Y7 motor?

·
Banned
752 Posts
Here's the pic of the plugs. From the exterior, they distibutors apear to be the same. The car is a 1998 Honda Civic LX, with the stock y7 head and distibutor.

·
Banned
752 Posts
Lovely, is there any way to rewire the top plug to the other style?

·
Registered
40 Posts
yeah i notice that before too. I have a 96 y8 motor and i went out to buy a 99 y8 and the dizzys are different. So just went out and bought a 96 dizzy.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Lovely, is there any way to rewire the top plug to the other style?
the insides are the same. open both of them up and trace the wires. the obd2b does not have the blue rpm wire so if you wire it for an ond2a then add the wire. its not really a big deal. it took me like 30 min to do it when i was half drunk one night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts