Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Distributer problem please help on civic ex 96 (updates)

well i got my car like this and there is no problem on my car but this just dosent seem to b the correct piece.. is der such thing a a vtec distributer and non vtec

·
Registered
383 Posts
yes there are v-tec and non v-tec distributors.
The reason is because the solenoid used to send oil pressure on a v-tec is placed in the vicinity of the distributor so the bolt holes have to be altered on a v-tec head to accomodate for the solenoid.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
the above just told you. get a y8 or y7 distributor. anything obd2 except hx... just get a y8 one cause u have a y8 one. whats google and ebay for? just eye candy. the search button is an extra feature thats boosts ur knowledge

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welll i got a new d16y8 dizzy and it didnt fit. now looking at the head founf the code P08-5 stamped on it. meaning a 94 SI D16z6 5sp head rye. i saw somewer the 96 ex model comes like that is that true??

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
only way to get a correct fitting dizzy is to get a 92-95 civic ex d16z6. then repin every thing cause the y8 is a one plug dizzy with the crank sensor at the crank it self and the z6 has a 2 plug with the crank sensor inside the dizzy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just wondering if the dizzy has affect on the vtec because of the vtec and non vtec dizzy's?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
only way to get a correct fitting dizzy is to get a 92-95 civic ex d16z6. then repin every thing cause the y8 is a one plug dizzy with the crank sensor at the crank it self and the z6 has a 2 plug with the crank sensor inside the dizzy
thankz... dats would set me correct. i read this combo gives u only a 2hp gain oppose to a d16y8 head&block??

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
0ok well i put my old dizzy back in and it wont start now... im kinda lost here was working be4 i took it off

1 - 20 of 22 Posts