Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy new year my friends.

I got a problem with my distribuitor obd 0 in my 91 EF hatch (jdm duak carb d15b/d15z1 Vtec-e head, basically i take the engine out to do a clutch change, basic maintenance and wire tuck, i drop and stage 1 exedy clutch with a light flywheel, and later drop the engine back, but it doesn´t start, a friend told me that is not enough spark to start and the problem seems to be the distribuitor, i was thinking in drop an obd 1 distribuitor in her but idk if it work, what should i do?¿ help!!!!

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Check all the grounds, especially the one on top of the thermo housing.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Check all the grounds, especially the one on top of the thermo housing.
This^^. Did you take the dizzy off the head? Did you put the wires back in the right spot when you tucked them?

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
998 Posts
Check your grounds and also you said you did a wire tuck?

Might check to make sure there isn't any wires that came loose who did the tuck or the harness for you?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have check the tuck and it´s all on, i spared out the distribuitor and tested, it´s not sending spark at all, :( that´s the fail :( but i found a obd 1 distribuitor form a y8 but idk if it work, the wiring as i read it in other post is a bit different, idk if that will work or something cause i find a good deal for a brand new y8 distribuitor :/

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
i have check the tuck and it´s all on, i spared out the distribuitor and tested, it´s not sending spark at all, :( that´s the fail :( but i found a obd 1 distribuitor form a y8 but idk if it work, the wiring as i read it in other post is a bit different, idk if that will work or something cause i find a good deal for a brand new y8 distribuitor :/
Are you getting power to the dizzy? Obd-1/2 dizzy will only work if you use an obd-1 ecu and wire in the plugs for the dizzy.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Why not? Coil? igniter? bad timing? bad cap? bad rotor? whats the fail??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.