Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so me and my buddy went the the local dragstrip last night for my b-day. i had a blast at the track but was slightly dissapointed. i drive a 94 ex coupe, with a stock zcvtec(~50k on the motor now), stock z6 auto trans(~275k on it!) with i/h/e. my best time of the night was a 16.9x, with an average of 17.2x. i was kinda expect 16's all night long, but didnt get it :wacko:.

now my buddy drives a 95 accord ex coupe, with a 3yr old stock f22b1vtec, stock f22b1 MANUAL trans, i/h/e. when we actually lined up next to each other, we both lanuched at the same time and i started pulling on him pretty bad. i beat him to 60mph, and to the 1/8 mile mark but he crept back and beat me by .04 seconds(so im not TOO dissapointed seeing how his car has a 2.2l and manual trans vs my 1.6 with auto trans.

is a 17 second pass THAT BAD for a full interior, stock motor-i/h/e, auto trans z6 civic coupe? i was honestly expecting better...

·
Registered
98 Civic CX-T on E85
1,797 Posts
i would say not really depending on what your elevation is...at 4600ft my stock 98 hatch was running 16.8x average with a manual tranny, so i would think an automatic would be just a little slower.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
im at sealevel. i figured the i/h/e,springs and tires i have would get my into the 16's all night. only had one in the high 16's and the rest were like 17.2,17.3...nothing above 17.5(thank god!) my reaction times were all good, my 60 ft times were pretty good, my 1/8 mile times were pretty good, but the last 1/8 mile is what gets me......

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Do the auto to manual conversion and get tuned if you can drive high14s-low15s

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
I got a 16.4 the first time I ever went to a track. 92 civic VX gutted just front seat,sub box and added dynamat. bald 205/50/15's, slippy clutch, DX trans., I/H/E, D15B vtec, stock P28 ECU. Surprisingly I did worse the second time around :) that was the first 2 times I track tested and then LACR was destroyed.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
It's the combo of having full interior, auto trans, and inexperience (sry, it's your first time @ a strip).

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i know that full interior and auto trans arent helping me, and i know how to drive. plus its automatic, i just brake stand at 2,500 rpms and let off the brake/floor it to launch. not like i need seat time to launch and auto. that just seems really slow.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
well not to piss in your cherrios but my 97 sedan with I/H/E ran 17.2 aswell with the auto. My guess is with me in it it came in at around 2700-2800 pounds. My motor mileage was essentially yours also

1 - 11 of 11 Posts