Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, I have everthing out of my 93 SI and now is going to my 92 DX, but while Im doing the brake swap, Im replacing the discs and pads. Any recomendation on this two items? I like them to look cool as well but not sure if I want them drill. If anybody can provide info for what types of disc should I get,brands, the same goes for pads. I have seen some on ebay at good price but I want to know if there are ok. FINALLY im putting the brakes together, just need help with me selection, brand, prices, where to buy them and what to buy.
Help me obi one kenobi you my only hope!!!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Actually the best rotors I have used are the auto zone blanks...they are inexpensive and work very well. You have to worry about cracking with the slotted and drilled rotors.

For pads I would go with EBC greens , they cost a little more but they bite like crazy and create little to no dust at all. they can be picked up at pep-boys .

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard nothing but good stuff about the EBC green pads how much do they go for,damm now we talking all 4 corner! LOL . and Yes very important and thanks for reminding my, I want the pads to, if possible, not to make dust or noise. I understand about the problem with the cracking of the disc but are there any disc that looks a little bit cooler than the plain ones. I just love the look of the disc set up thru the wheels since Im planing on buying also new brake cables and planing on paiting everthing nice including brakets, caliper ect...
Thanks gloryhog for your reply.
Comon guys keep it comming on this one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the power hold or power stop cross drilled rotors from sumitt racing. I have had them on the car for about 10-15,000 miles and they still stop really good no cracking or anything.

·
Registered
1990 CRX DX
126 Posts
have a 1990 CRX with DOHC ZC swap, use brembo cross drilled and slotted with AXIS pads got them off ebay , pretty good prices too, but look out for knock off cheap rotors, make sure they have brembo boxes !! also PRB brake pads are the same as AXIS from what i have been told

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the power hold or power stop cross drilled rotors from sumitt racing. I have had them on the car for about 10-15,000 miles and they still stop really good no cracking or anything.
Love Summit racing, how much it run you all those parts?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have a 1990 CRX with DOHC ZC swap, use brembo cross drilled and slotted with AXIS pads got them off ebay , pretty good prices too, but look out for knock off cheap rotors, make sure they have brembo boxes !! also PRB brake pads are the same as AXIS from what i have been told
I know sometimes Im afraid of buying stuff cuase I think Im gonna get a very good looking imitation.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does anyone knows which company makes the autozone blanks? also any of the chain auto parts offer disc brakes but a little more sporty than the blanks as an option?

·
Back to the D
891 Posts
I've the ebc disc. They are good :TU:
EBC green if you need good cold braking and redstuff if you drive at high speed a lot.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
just get the ones from autozone with lifetime warranty. Done. I never seen the point in upgrading brakes, unless you have a ridiculously fast car, more than bolt-ons and a cam.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just get the ones from autozone with lifetime warranty. Done. I never seen the point in upgrading brakes, unless you have a ridiculously fast car, more than bolt-ons and a cam.
My goal is to have a 300hp to the wheel, at least. I want my car to be a 12 sec street car so breaks are important. but it seems that i will check those autozone ones out.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I've the ebc disc. They are good :TU:
EBC green if you need good cold braking and redstuff if you drive at high speed a lot.

my buddy with a 400 hp Firehawk runs the ebc rotors and ebc greens ...he loves em ...they have dimples in them rather than drilled all the way through. But get ready to spend a fortune compared to auto zone blanks...If you want to get that serious I would look into www.fastbrakes.com or willwood brakes

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my buddy with a 400 hp Firehawk runs the ebc rotors and ebc greens ...he loves em ...they have dimples in them rather than drilled all the way through. But get ready to spend a fortune compared to auto zone blanks...If you want to get that serious I would look into www.fastbrakes.com or willwood brakes
I will love to go with the ebc rotors with the dimples NOT the drilled, but boy we talking over $300 on disc alone. I will love to, but still ordering some stuff for my set up. unless i order the rear ones first then do the front later before I get the car out to the street. but still we taling over $150 for the rear disc right? I think I probably going the auto zone way, that way I will use the money to get the good pads and put new brake lines all around. Unless somebody can provided me with a good site that have excellent prices on the EBC dimple rotors.

·
Registered
106 Posts
everything was like $140 rotors and pads. I don't remeber the brand name for the pads but they hold really good to.

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
i run brembo blank rotors and axxis ultimate pads up front, brembo drums and oem shoes in the rear and valvoline synpower synthetic dot4 fluid.

let's just say that it stops VERY nice ;) :TU:

·
Registered
999 Posts
i guess im the only one that hates EBC pads... worst pad i have tried... compared to Hawks or Axiss street pads

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
while on the subject, which one you guys think is better Hawk pads vs EBC pads. which is the best bang for the buck without giving out on peformace. How much would it cost for a kit of front and rear pads... also which model type because it seems that each of the companies have different types of pads for different application.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts