Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was just wondering.i did search but turned up empty handed.i am buying a d16z6 and going to boost,from what i see here vitaras and eagle rods are the best combo.now.. what about the crank?is the stock z6 crank ok?and do the pistons have to be pressed onto the eagle rods?and do the rods need anything done?studs pressed in or is it just a direct replacement?then what is the best bearings and rings to use?and headgasket?my car is curently a d15 non vtec so what will i need to make the vtec work?i alredy have a chipped computer from my supercharger set up will this work?and are 450 cc injectors good enough?thanks for any advice..

·
Boost Gets You Laid
4,402 Posts
I'll try to keep it short and sweet:

Crank will be fine as is, you can have it inspected and micropolished if you wish.

It's best that a machineshop presses the pistons on the rods for you. You can try it yourself but you risk f'n up the pistons. The shop has a cup type deal for pressing out wistpins and such.

You can order rods with the ARP studs already in them.

OE Bearings and rings do fine straiht from hon-Duh

Cometic makes a good HG

Depending on the year of your car, 92-93 IIRC already has vtec wired in the harness, just add a p28 and go. If not, correct me if I'm wrong, you run two wires from the ecu and a ground.

You'll have to have your car re-tuned to match the setup.

450ccs will do fine.

BTW: You changing out the SC for a turbo?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks,yes i didn't find the s/c had enough in it.worked really good but just made me want more boost..lol,

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks is this all good for a build that i plan to boost alot?and what about some rods?headstuds and a fuel pump and i should be good to go.thanks again...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts