Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I used to be Admin.....
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like ever since Ive had my car it doesnt have enough power to go around. When I roll my windows up or down all the car's lights (dash, headlights, dome light) will dim slightly and my RPM's will drop by 100 or so (at idle). My windows are also painfully slow sometimes. Could this be a grounding problem? Im thinking of making a new grounding wire set with heavier gauge wire, but I dont want to waste the time if it wont fix the problem.

Any ideas chaps?

I

·
0 Posts
1. new grounding wires
2. New positive battery leads
3. new wire running from alternator to the fuse box
4. new batery
5. new alternator

·
I used to be Admin.....
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont say new alternator!!! Im assuming my alternator is still good because I drained my old battery on accident but it recharged after running the motor for 30 mins.

I just replaced the battery a few months ago.

Positive battery leads? ARe those the wires that go from the positive terminal to power the rest of the car?

And where are ALL the grounding points?

B

·
0 Posts
^^^ oh man you killed your alternator. An alternator is designed to maintain a level of power in your batt. not to completely recharge it, it seriously cuts their life in half if not more. get the alt tested at a garage or pepboys or something.

the positive leads run your batt to alt,starter,and fuse box. the main grounds run from the batt to chassis, transmission, and fuse box.

as for your windows going up super slow go to honda and get some silicone spray, spray it right in the rubber run channel then run your window up and down a few times, repeat if needed.

D

·
0 Posts
Heres my problem....i have fogs and when i turn them on my rpms drop a bit or when i turn on my heat(level 4) it drops and you here the car doing so.Any ideas other than the ones posted?.It really sucks that it happens and very annoying.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Replacing the ground cables is a good start as I am sure it will make alot of difference. I just made all new cables for my crx and it made a huge diference. Just use good quality cables and connectors. As far as the points for the ground go, you will need to make sure and ground the battery to the chasis (no brainer) and then one from the block to the chassis. I ran 2 one from the trans to the same point as the battery position and one on the IM to the strut tower on the drivers side.

Good luck and hope it cures some of your woes..
Cj

1 - 8 of 8 Posts