Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to get a stage 2 camshaft and upgrading my valvetrain, but I'm also considering using a stage 3 cam? What is the better overall for a daily driven car, keeping in mind that I'm also getting brand new Supertech or Isky valvetrain kit...what are the benefits or disadvantages of those two cams?
Let's say I'm thinking about Exospeed stage 2 and stage 3 cams.
Suggestions?
My current setup :
D16Z2, sohc non vtec 110 hp, LSD Motorsports stage 2 clutch kit (6 puck w/sprung), Walbro 255 l/h pump, B&M FPR, 4-2-1 ebay header and 2.25" exhaust, no cat, K&N panel filter.
Feel free to tell contribute with your 2 cents.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
I'm planning to get a stage 2 camshaft and upgrading my valvetrain, but I'm also considering using a stage 3 cam? What is the better overall for a daily driven car, keeping in mind that I'm also getting brand new Supertech or Isky valvetrain kit...what are the benefits or disadvantages of those two cams?
Let's say I'm thinking about Exospeed stage 2 and stage 3 cams.
Suggestions?
My current setup :
D16Z2, sohc non vtec 110 hp, LSD Motorsports stage 2 clutch kit (6 puck w/sprung), Walbro 255 l/h pump, B&M FPR, 4-2-1 ebay header and 2.25" exhaust, no cat, K&N panel filter.
Feel free to tell contribute with your 2 cents.
are trying to bump up the compression also ?

the best cam for a daily driver set-up i would say is the stage 2 but the stage 3 is also very drivable but it would love high compression also.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
I don't have any plans for bumping up the compression jet, but who knows...

stage 2 is your best bet bro for now. later on if you have more plans for more power up grade to the stage 3. since you well have the valve train for that cam as well.

·
Registered
537 Posts
in my opinion, the Isky and Supertech work equally the same. The spring rates are enough for most aftermarket cam setups or high rpm for turbo.

SOHC VTEC:
Exospeed Stage 2 is more of a daily driver/low maintenance camshaft.
Exospeed Stage 3 is a little more aggressive and requires more fine tuning. Will have a slightly higher idle and I'd recommend to do valve adjustments more often that stock if used in a Daily.

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
i ran exospeeds stage 3 in my zc vtec for quite sometime... i was both na and turbo with it

i had no issues either way. but when i was na it was just bolt ons and a street tune and i had no problems driving it everyday in either situation

1 - 6 of 6 Posts