Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 DX coupe, and got the 41 code....

So i know its on of the o2 sensors... the actual definition of the code is

P0041 O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2 Signals Swapped with O2 Bank 2 Sensor 2

But it doesn't tell me if i have to change the o2 from the header or the one under the car...

Ad if you know.. please tell me how you can tell?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,666 Posts
There's a difference between P0041 and just 41. The P number is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) which is usually read from the ECU through the use of a scanner. A MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) is also a diagnotic code but its obtainable by jumping the service connector and counting the CEL blinks. The reason I'm getting into all this is that there no such P0041 DTC. Nor is there a description that reads "O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2 Signals Swapped with O2 Bank 2 Sensor 2" that I can find in the Honda Service Manual. So that could be why you're not getting any help. Just how did you get the code?

MIL 41 however indicates a problem with the primary O2 sensor which is the one located on you exhaust manifold before the cat.

The DTCs associated with MIL 41 are P0135, P1166, and P1167. Since P1166 and P1167 are for the D16Y5 and that engine is not in your DX coupe. P0135 reads "Open or short in Primary HO2S (Sensor 1) heater circuit".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well finally thank you!!!

i got my info on the clubcivicquebec.com website...

i got this code by using a paperclip in the diagnostic plug and got the 41 code....

so that would mean I have to change the primary sensor... on the header right?

Thanks !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yep, just did this a week ago. Changed it out, reset the computer and gas mileage improved greatly.
by reset the computer... can I just unplug the batterie or is there a reset button on the cpu... (i doubt this one...)

and i found this site (first one in google search!!)

http://www2.partstrain.com/products/Engine/Fuel_Injection/Oxygen_Sensor/C5010-85652/000632727/1999~HONDA~CIVIC~4~1.6~CVC-DX2-002.html

at 20$ i think it's kinda cheap... do you have a site to order genuine OEM honda parts, beside honda itself...

·
Registered
510 Posts
by reset the computer... can I just unplug the batterie or is there a reset button on the cpu... (i doubt this one...)

and i found this site (first one in google search!!)

http://www2.partstrain.com/products/Engine/Fuel_Injection/Oxygen_Sensor/C5010-85652/000632727/1999~HONDA~CIVIC~4~1.6~CVC-DX2-002.html

at 20$ i think it's kinda cheap... do you have a site to order genuine OEM honda parts, beside honda itself...
Either way. The proper way is to remove the hazard fuze 15/sec. This maintains your long term trim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.