Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I want to swap the 2DIN console to my EK and I dont find many help with it. The only "manual" I've found (link) looks its plug n play: You take out the old parts and get in the new ones and done. When I bought the kit this is what it came.The kit wiring connects everything but not the fhasing button, that will connect the original plug in the car I assume:

And when comparing plugs you can see these are different. Original button has 6 pin in the upper side and 3 in the bottom. And the 2 din button has 5 and 4.

The plug "fits" in the buttom but hardly and obviously blinkers dont turn. So my doubt is if someone has had the same problem how fixed it?

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the point, but do you have the diagrams? I cant find them

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
52 Posts
im not actually too sure which plug your talking about

so if im completely confused on it, i can go back and find another page

generally the plugs are read
1 3 5 7 09 11
2 4 6 8 10 12

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the cars plug. It's an EK1 99-00 and the climate I'm going to install not sure, witch I have another doubt. The other arness will fit or I will have same problem?

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
52 Posts
this is from a different model (usa) the wire colours are the same (i think) but are pinned in different spots.

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats what I was looking!

The climate I bought is from a USDM coupe. I need the diagram from the US.

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the color code in the US model that you found VS the picture of my plug. 7 of the pins + 1 blank match (and must be relocated), but there are 2 that dont match. I cant find the diagram from the european model to compare them:

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
52 Posts
repin the plug so the wires match, which will leave you with 3 wires unplugged, the extra wires could be from the later dash having more accessories or chase those with a multimeter

id be checking the red as a live, on things like turning the lights on etc, dont want it grounding and arcing out/blowing fuses

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I've started with the instalation. Tomorrow I hope to have everything out and start putting in all. I'll update if I make the warnings work (and the Heated rear window, but looks easier, has only 1 pin with the 2din).

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
If you want to double check you have the correct dash harness, find the white label that is behind the climate control plug. In pictures it looks like its 6-12 inches away from the plug that goes to fan speed and temp control.

On that label, write down what you can read, as they can get faded, and compare to a stock harness for a 99-00

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, tested and now working. I used the image of color code I made some days ago as guide. Didnt have red so there isnt nothing plug in there and the green/black and black are unpluged but it works.

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this is from a different model (usa) the wire colours are the same (i think) but are pinned in different spots.

I just found out that if you put the green/black from the euro wiring in the pin 4 of the usdm bottom you will enable a light that will turn on the euro cluster.

I will try to put a dimmer signal on the pin 8 that doesnt come in the euro wiring, Im sure it will light the buttom when you put on the lights

1 - 15 of 15 Posts