Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys, so today i decided to replace the passenger side CV shaft and while doing so i noticed that when i looked into the hole in the tranny, i noticed that the gear that hooks up with my axle didnt quite seem lined up.. i stuck my finger in there to see if i could move it around and sure enough i could move it around pretty much freely. is this normal or does this mean my diff is finished??

Will post a video soon.

--Edit--
video: https://youtu.be/wOOdI55uKq4

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I personally have never seen that during a cv shaft change.

I personally would be working out a plan to change that differential.

What specific car is this on?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally have never seen that during a cv shaft change.

I personally would be working out a plan to change that differential.

What specific car is this on?
its on a d16z6, 98 acura el

i was driving it around the past couple days and id hear a clunk sound after going in reverse or going from a stop from the passenger side but i always thought it'd be my axle. so i changed it and thats when i noticed this mess lol.. lucky for me ive sourced out another tranny from a friend for 100 dollars and im thinking of taking the diff out of that and putting it in my current transmission

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Or you could source and OEM diff to drop in there. Shipping from US would be the most costly part. I have a few that are headed for scrap pile!

In the short video, it looks like a 88-91 diff pin, the kind that wear through and go kaboom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts