Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long time lurker first time poster.
- Im finally doing my intake manifold swap (99-00 manifold into 92 z6)and I just realized that the gasket sets are different between the 4 door and 2 door intake manifolds, this also includes the throttle body gaskets
- I apparantly received a manifold from a 4 door and my new gaskets will not fit.
My question is if this will still fit on the z6 as some of the holes no longer line up properly on the gasket, any leaks? Anybody ever run into this problem before?
- check out majestic honda and you will see the diff. gasket sets(btwn 99-00 model 2 dr 4dr ex).
I can certainly send some photos if you like of the gskets not fitting properly.
- unfortunately the car is in paint, so i have no access to check myself
- also did a search and no luck.

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
1,475 Posts
If you are looking at the pics on majestic, or any other site it may show different intake mani gaskets but they are all the same part number, and as long as you get a tb gasket for a manual (if that is what you have) then they are all the same as well..... Sounds like you might have a manifold from a automatic, especially if the tb gasket doesn't work.....

edit: and the hole - as in water hole - I have found that i doesn't mater which manifold gasket you get ie, z6/y8 ....... but this is just from experience on two different setups with a y8 manifold on a crx with a d15b2 and a jdm d15b vtec....

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked but the IACV is mounted to the manifold so it is certainly is a manual intake manifold
- you are right that the majestic honda part # for the manifolds are the same, but if you see the picture of the gaskets they are different
- I will upload a pic in about 5 minutes

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
you may want to check to see if the TB gaskets are the same also. They are all different slightly. Pictured here is a Y7 on the left and Y8 on the right. Notice the y7 is actually bigger?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
IMG_1117.jpg
this is the original gasket- you can see the additonal gasket material.

IMG_1118.jpg
This is the new gasket for the y8 manifold- for a 96-00 ex

IMG_1119.jpg
This is the y8 throttle body with a new gasket for the y8 t/b- notice the gap on the lower of t/b
- i plan to use the y8 throttlebody

im stumped!

- sorry for the large pics

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you may want to check to see if the TB gaskets are the same also. They are all different slightly. Pictured here is a Y7 on the left and Y8 on the right. Notice the y7 is actually bigger?
- your right on that, i checked out advance auto and they have two diff t/b gaskets for the 99-00 civic but it states that they work for all the motors, but one is just a tad bit larger

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
1,475 Posts
View attachment 17739
this is the original gasket- you can see the additonal gasket material.

View attachment 17740
This is the new gasket for the y8 manifold- for a 96-00 ex

View attachment 17741
This is the y8 throttle body with a new gasket for the y8 t/b- notice the gap on the lower of t/b
- i plan to use the y8 throttlebody

im stumped!

- sorry for the large pics
Picture 1 :TU: O.E.M. gasket 99-00

Picture 2 96-98 gasket, not a 99-00

Picture 3 I might be wrong but I have never seen a 96-00 civic have a fast idle valve under the TB, looks like a 92-95 b7/z6 TB

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So i did some digging around, the t/b that was sold along with the intake manfiold is a 92-95 t/b, no big deal, but i wish they would have told me.
- finally the intake manifold did come from a 99-00 civic
- so seems all is well, cant wait to get my car back and try it on!

thanks for the help vtecencrx

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
1,475 Posts
So i did some digging around, the t/b that was sold along with the intake manfiold is a 92-95 t/b, no big deal, but i wish they would have told me.
- finally the intake manifold did come from a 99-00 civic
- so seems all is well, cant wait to get my car back and try it on!

thanks for the help vtecencrx
No problem man!!!

the picture of the larger size tb gasket is for the b16 99/00 civic si
If I recall correctly, the tb for a b16 looks more like this one, edited with paint:

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
1,475 Posts
some corrections:

1) is the y8 99-00 with air injection system

2) is the 96-98 y8 and 96-00 y7 gasket

search "air injection" on the site and google for more info if you want.
:werd: wasn't thinking of the y7, just thinking about the y8

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
stupid that i have to quote myself.
But they are deff. what i say they are. The left one was pulled from an unmodified 98 Y7
And the one on the right is deff bought from my dealer for a 98 Auto Y8. its just what they are.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
long time lurker first time poster.
- Im finally doing my intake manifold swap (99-00 manifold into 92 z6)and I just realized that the gasket sets are different between the 4 door and 2 door intake manifolds, this also includes the throttle body gaskets
- I apparantly received a manifold from a 4 door and my new gaskets will not fit.
My question is if this will still fit on the z6 as some of the holes no longer line up properly on the gasket, any leaks? Anybody ever run into this problem before?
- check out majestic honda and you will see the diff. gasket sets(btwn 99-00 model 2 dr 4dr ex).
I can certainly send some photos if you like of the gskets not fitting properly.
- unfortunately the car is in paint, so i have no access to check myself
- also did a search and no luck.

the thread already solves the problem. I just want to add my 2 cents.

It doesn't matter if it came from a sedan, or coupe, the motors are all the same. Accessories are what make them different.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the thread already solves the problem. I just want to add my 2 cents.

It doesn't matter if it came from a sedan, or coupe, the motors are all the same. Accessories are what make them different.
i would definetly agree with you, but according to majestic hondas online catalog, the pictures of the intake manifold is different between the 99-00 2dr and 4 drs, the 2 door apparently dos not have that air injection hole on top of manifold, mine came with the injection holes, hence the larger intake gasket.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
i would definetly agree with you, but according to majestic hondas online catalog, the pictures of the intake manifold is different between the 99-00 2dr and 4 drs, the 2 door apparently dos not have that air injection hole on top of manifold, mine came with the injection holes, hence the larger intake gasket.
the catalog is flawed.

Although...now that I think of it... The 90/91 EX manifold (on some EX's) is slightly different from the SI manifold...coolant lines that run to the oil cooler. Non existant on SI (in my experience), and found on some EX's (both EX's i've owned, auto and manual)

edit: rep for you :)

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
1,475 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts