Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences between the A6 and Z6 bare blocks?

I know they share the same specs in everything as far as bore/stroke/deckheight goes. I just want to know if the Z6 is really any better.

Does the Z6 have some sort of oil distribution difference because of the added Vtec or no?

Sorry if this is a noob question. I'm trying to weigh the differences on whether or not it would be better to buy a full Z6 rather than mini-me my A6.

Ease of installation has no bearing on whether or not to buy a complete Z6 or A6. I'm just trying to determine if it would be worth any bit of money to buy a Z6 block when I have a perfectly good A6 block in my garage right now.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
crank girdle
fan switch location
imtermediate shafts bolt holes.

Other than that, only two blocks for 88-95, D15 and D16.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
912 Posts
crank girdle
fan switch location
imtermediate shafts bolt holes.

Other than that, only two blocks for 88-95, D15 and D16.
Some z6 blocks have provisions for the intermediate shaft.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
d16a6 a has and oil jet between pistons 2 and 3
3years later.... have to pull the oil restrictor out for vtec to properly work on a vtec head

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
d16a6 a has and oil jet between pistons 2 and 3
Just in the nick of time man. I'm sure dude's been sitting on the edge of his seat waiting for this info.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Lol^ Also, not on the block side, but the cranks are slightly different. Z6 cranks oiling holes are slightly chamfered to, what I assume is, promote better oiling. It's noticeable but very minimal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts