Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I'm an EF guy. I'm new to EK's and haven't learned everything about them yet. I looked it up on majestic and there the same part number. I was looking on ebay and someone sell rebuilt cylinder head and says that the head is only for 96-98's? Is this true? That air injection port is just on the IM right?

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
i belive the diff in the dizzy is with the obd. one is obd2a and the other obd2b but as for the heads ive owned both a 98 ex head and currently have a 00 ex head and there is nothing diff

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, great. I already have a dizzy for the chassis so that's not going to be a problem. I just need a y8 head now.

·
Registered
218 Posts
99-00 d16y8 heads also have an air injection setup built into the intake manifold. (if you get the matching intake manifold that is) Not a really a big deal, only when you use the 99-00 intake on an older head...(it will have a HUGE vacum leak)

But any intake works on the 99-00 heads themselves.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
99-00 d16y8 heads also have an air injection setup built into the intake manifold. (if you get the matching intake manifold that is) Not a really a big deal, only when you use the 99-00 intake on an older head...(it will have a HUGE vacum leak)

But any intake works on the 99-00 heads themselves.
the intake manifold is the air injection not the head themselves... which if he were to use the 99-00 intake manifold he can get some bolts and tap it and thread the bolt in to level with inner diameter then cut the head off the bolt while applying locktite or jbweld to stop the bolt unwinding itself

the heads are identical

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,663 Posts
the heads are identical
No they are not identical but they are functionally identical.

I'm running a 99 head with a 98 IM.

The only difference I know of is that the IM mating surface on the head is cast differently. The 99 IM uses a different gasket which matches the shape of the mating surface of the 99 head. But even though the mating surface is different you can use a gasket for the 98 IM and bolt it on the 99 head.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
No they are not identical but they are functionally identical.

I'm running a 99 head with a 98 IM.

The only difference I know of is that the IM mating surface on the head is cast differently. The 99 IM uses a different gasket which matches the shape of the mating surface of the 99 head. But even though the mating surface is different you can use a gasket for the 98 IM and bolt it on the 99 head.
so the gasket is different? thats not the head its self?

to put it in simpler terms, the 99-00 head is interchangeable with the 96-98 head

1 - 14 of 14 Posts