Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello d-series junkies ,

what diesel turbo's have you guy's put to good use.
on your D

on my y7 I have used holset hx30w ,wh1c ,hx35

some schwizwer off a john deere tractor that I machined a garett .48ar housing to fit.
and the current banks mitsu td06h.

sorry no back to back dynos just street driving.

but hx30 is the favorite, reasonable spool and decent power at 20 psi.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I along with several others have run the Holset hx35 and had pretty good results.
I took a stock 12cm twin scroll housing and with some cutting , grinding and welding closed off one side of the exhaust housing and made a ramp to force the full flow down into one side if it (the wastegate side). I can start building boost below 3,000 rpms and over 15 psi by 4,000 rpms.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
I along with several others have run the Holset hx35 and had pretty good results.
I took a stock 12cm twin scroll housing and with some cutting , grinding and welding closed off one side of the exhaust housing and made a ramp to force the full flow down into one side if it (the wastegate side). I can start building boost below 3,000 rpms and over 15 psi by 4,000 rpms.
I've ran the HE351ve on twincharge D16 that is about it on diesel turbos.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Not sure about the others, but i tried the hx35 on both a cast manifold and a ram horn and the cast manifold preformed a lot better for the street by building boost a lot sooner. Not sure about peak numbers but i don't think the cast manifold on the D16 will choke out. I did do a little porting on my cast one thought.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Not trying to thread jack, but this really interests me. I'm about to get my H1C dyno'd with just a rego cast mani, and was planning on building a twin scroll mani in the future for increased spool, 15psi by 4k sounds pretty damn good. Do you have any pics or a thread for this?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Im hoping to use my 8 blade hx-35 on A new build soon picked it up a few weeks ago for $50 and its mint:)

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
hx35 8-blade on a legit twin scroll manifold...spools pretty damn quick.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hope it does!!!! Now I just need to find out my options for an affordable twin scroll probably just a log mani for me.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice boy's.!

mark21742 that is something I was thinking of doing twin scroll to single to but didn;t too much grinding and welding.... it isn't restricted up top?

I was thinking of an hx30 with machined compressor for hx35 wheel.

·
Registered
731 Posts
No I dont think they do im guessing it would have to be custom...... I havent been able to find any cast twin scroll manifold's either....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Here are some pics of mine. I am going full rich right now around 20psi at about 5,500 rpms but getting ready to go do some street tuning here in a few minutes to try and fix that lol.

I hope to get her up on a dyno here in a few months to get the most out of it and get some numbers to post.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well i did some more tuning and boost started peaking too high throwing the car into limp mode....unhook the battery then re hook it and the car is fine. I need to wire in a 3bar MAP because I'm running strait off the chart with my 2 bar MAP.

Leaned it out up top to get right around 11.5:1 and it pulls like a rocket ship.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts