Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about go F22a in my 1990 hatchback, the motor come out from 93-95's is that obd1?
and what required a work while doing a f22a swap?
because i just want to go different swap this time
i seen a lot of F22a laying in junkyard with complete swap/harness/ecu n axle so i might as well grab it

its all thing i need to know how much i need work like cuting the mount/relocated n shit like that

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
Do the F22, its 92-95 and yes, it is obd-1. I would assume its basically the H swap. To fit an H in that year accord it takes very minor modifications.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do the F22, its 92-95 and yes, it is obd-1. I would assume its basically the H swap. To fit an H in that year accord it takes very minor modifications.
yeah but like what? would i need to relocated a motor mount n reweld it or it might be direct fit?

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
idk but im 99% sure no cutting or welding maybe you will have to get diff mounts
i wanna say direct fit just different axles

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
idk but im 99% sure no cutting or welding maybe you will have to get diff mountsi wanna say direct fit just different axles
yeah, i see in junkyard and theres everything in the accord nothing is missing but the v/c have been pulled out and the water get in the valve springs shit, but i dont mind cause i'll take em out and clean everyhing up and get hem bacl together and will start the swap basically it have everything what it need to do the swap

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
idk but im 99% sure no cutting or welding maybe you will have to get diff mounts
i wanna say direct fit just different axles
Thats almost exactly what you would have to do. Im not 100% sure, but I think you can get the H motor mount swap kit and use the F instead. Plus the axles and stuff you would need.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
can i reuse the f22a axles ? or its too big for my hatchback

and would i need to buy a obd0-obd1 jump and ecu also

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
would i need to buy a obd0-obd1 jump and ecu also
You wouldnt have to go obd1 considering 90-91 accords with F22's were also obd0. At least I don't think you would.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You wouldnt have to go obd1 considering 90-91 accords with F22's were also obd0. At least I don't think you would.
alright man but im sure its obd1 since the year its like 92-96 something between that years
and what about the axles?

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What power does an F22A have cuz im lookin now on google and Im seeing 145bhp? That right?
yes and more of TQ
the tq should be around 148tq to 152tq

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
alright man but im sure its obd1 since the year its like 92-96 something between that years
and what about the axles?
Wich motor are you talking about Vtec or non vtec? Cause if it's not vtec, you can still use a 90-91 ecu and engine harness with the obd1 engine. You just might have to change out some sensors and injectors.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wich motor are you talking about Vtec or non vtec? Cause if it's not vtec, you can still use a 90-91 ecu and engine harness with the obd1 engine. You just might have to change out some sensors and injectors.
non vtec come out from late 92's didnt pay attention good enough so can i keep the accord axle and put em on my hatchback or have to get b-s axles

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
Yeah 89-91 (or something like that) was the f22a, f22b1/2 didn't come till 92-95. So when do you plan to have this build going on? Im super stoked. I love the F series.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah 89-91 (or something like that) was the f22a, f22b1/2 didn't come till 92-95. So when do you plan to have this build going on? Im super stoked. I love the F series.
just do the f swap thats it, dont feel like to deal with my peice of shit D15b2. just got oil leaked on the sparkplug and might as well part it out and do the work on f22a

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
just do the f swap thats it, dont feel like to deal with my peice of shit D15b2. just got oil leaked on the sparkplug and might as well part it out and do the work on f22a
Nice, well I'm going to be keeping a look out for your install thread? lol

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 41 Posts