Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to figure out why my stock dpfi d15b2 suddenly stopped running. I was taking off from a stop light in first gear. The clutch started to engage and the car started to go, then lurched to a stop and died - thought I didn't give it enough gas and just killed it like a noob, but no... the engine won't run now. Starter turns, engine doesn't fire. It was running very well and getting excellent mileage before this.

I checked the rotor, and it is still secured - the screw didn't back out. The oil is clean and the plugs are not damaged. The fuel pump sounds like it is priming OK. The timing belt is older but low-ish miles. I was worried that it broke or possibly skipped a tooth or two. I've never serviced a timing belt before, but I *think* it looks OK per my service manual. Do you agree? (the white 'TDC' mark on the crank pulley is lined up with the plastic indicators) Also, feel free to suggest something else I could check. I thought I would check the ignitor next? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Do you have spark? My guess is the coil or icm went bad.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Pull a plug wire, stick a screwdriver into the boot, then hold the shank about a 1/4" from the VC while a friend tries to start it. You should see a spark jump from the screwdriver to the VC. If not, you've got no spark.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No spark, I think. (I got creative using a screwdriver in a wire boot and attaching jumper cables... I'm fairly certain I'm not getting spark)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
where are you located?

If you are on the west coast somewhere, a cheap ebay ICM could show up in under 3 days.

Else itgenerally takes about 4-5 days shipping for a california stocked item to get to me in wisconsin.

If that is too long, shop around locally (napa, oreillys, advance auto, autozone, champion, auto value). Someone is bound to have one under $100

1 - 7 of 7 Posts