Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, made a dumbass mistake and parked my EG on the street (parents needed space in the driveway and I haven't had it insured) with a plate from a different car. Asshole neighbour reported it while I was at work and it was impounded. Got cited for improper use of a license plate. Luckily, I was parked it so I'm hoping it's a non-moving violation. Does that still affect my insurance premiums? From the looks of it, this ticket has the same consequences as expired registration ($310 and no increased insurance/demerits). Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,026 Posts
you will have to contact an insurance rep and ask ,so call around .
but I would say it's probably fine. but who knows..

and why the hell did you have the wrong plate on it?
also I love neighbors like that...and they always love open dp..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve never had it registered or insured so I didn’t have a plate for it. It was only there for maybe 10 hours total. I parked it around the corner from my house before I left work and the car was gone when I got home. I didn’t think it was going to be an issue but now I know. I’ll call this afternoon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got off the phone with them. Since I wasn’t driving my insurance won’t be affected, but holy fuck that scared me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in Alberta. Insurance is still cheap, I just don't want my premiums affected if possible

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
362 Posts
I'm in Alberta. Insurance is still cheap, I just don't want my premiums affected if possible
Gotcha. If you've already looked up the consequences attached to that particular citation and it doesn't imply any demerit points, then your insurance shouldn't be affected. And like your agent said, because you weren't driving the car, you can't be charged a moving violation. I think you're in the clear! Lucky, but still an asshole neighbor just sucks. You should trench his lawn....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts